Reef nutrition

Help with New UV setup

7d6b14d3a8c264217f6376f1d8f40c38.jpg

I did and it appears to be a spears ev2b13 schedule 80 3/4” pvc 1 union and man for the life of me can’t find this exact model online. Went to a plumbing supply store today and snagged a schedule 80 union where the o ring is on the other side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The o-ring is probably a face mount on the mating side.

EDIT: Removed comment about the missing nut, originally looked at the picture on too small as screen and didn't see the male threads.
I still think the o-ring is on the opposite side. PTFE wouldn't work well. Ignoring the fact that those are straight threads, you would also need to seal under the flange between the nut and mating part. If for some odd reason you needed to make it work in a pinch, an o-ring from the hardware store squeezed between two flat faces would have better odds of success.

Last edited:
I’m more curious where the nut is. The o-ring is probably a face mount on the mating side.
Yea I assume that’s the case and that didn’t come with the tank unfortunately. The female side must have some o-ring built in but I can only find them with the o ring on the male side which mine currently does not have.

Ignoring what appears to be the part number on the nut, Spears is, IME, pretty helpful on the phone and could probably help you sort it. Doesn't matter without the mating side, but the o-ring is likely a standard size as well. Unfortunately most hardware stores sell by inch fractional sizes instead of the more common 2-XXX sizing system.

Ignoring what appears to be the part number on the nut, Spears is, IME, pretty helpful on the phone and could probably help you sort it. Doesn't matter without the mating side, but the o-ring is likely a standard size as well. Unfortunately most hardware stores sell by inch fractional sizes instead of the more common 2-XXX sizing system.
Great idea! I just got off the phone with their Stockton branch and they are sending me what I need and already mailed it out! Thanks for the help

Back