Reef nutrition

here's an idea.....especially for beginners

hey all,
I just had a thought and wanted to put it down before it passes on.

My idea is that we should be establishing a "library" of topic lectures/ discussions. We have so many great minds and years of experience here, that we should have a "beginner's course" or something. that way when we get a total newbie to our club, they could go and get all the topics and threads and then read them and follow them to keep their reef so much more successsfully. I am sure that I was not the only one who when first got started was so overwhelmed with info and listening to everyone, that made 10,000 mistakes and lost many corals and fish.

Maybe we could set up a topic of the month, email of the month, something to keep us all informed and it allows some of our more experienced reefers ( ie. Brian, dyngoe, charles, jeremy, to just name a few) to let them "teach" us how they keep successful reefs.

Some topics that come to mind are:

What is flow, water parameters, chemistry, lighting, etc

I would love everyone's input.......

I think it is a good idea to have all the info, but fortunately lol, it is already done for us by many great minds
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/

search any one of your terms you mentioned and you'll get a bunch of really good articles.
http://www.advancedaquarist.com/search_form

It's a great idea Beau, especially for those that can't find (or don't know what to look for) the necessary information at other sites. Maybe we could keep a list of reference sites handy. I sometimes find myself (and I'm sure others do too) repeating the same information. I'm happy to, of course, but it would make the the process easier if we could say...See such and such on the home page... :)

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6775.msg87581#msg87581 date=1236730343] I sometimes find myself repeating the same information. I'm happy to, of course, but it would make the the process easier if we could say...See such and such on the home page... :)
[/quote]

so, rather than repeating information over and over, we repeat the location of the information over and over and then have to answer questions about the source material over and over :p

(just picking on you)

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6775.msg87592#msg87592 date=1236732996]
[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6775.msg87581#msg87581 date=1236730343] I sometimes find myself repeating the same information. I'm happy to, of course, but it would make the the process easier if we could say...See such and such on the home page... :)
[/quote]

so, rather than repeating information over and over, we repeat the location of the information over and over and then have to answer questions about the source material over and over :p

(just picking on you)
[/quote]

LOL ;D

Well, if It was easily accessible, maybe people would read it? Then again, maybe not... I know, we will refer all the questions to you Tony!!! :D ;D

Back