Jestersix

hey everyone!

Hey guys, my name is kyle. I am 15 years old, and have been keeping reef tanks since I was 11. I have been to a few BAR frag swaps, and really enjoy them. I am not completely new to the club, just the forums lol. I want to get more involved with the forums/community. This is my first actual post here on the forums. Before this account I went by Kylescorals by the way. I started a tank thread for my 28 gallon nano cube here - http://www.bareefers.org/forum/posts/283757/
I currently keep a 28 gallon nano cube with garden eels and seahorses. I also keep a 20 gallon frag tank and a 180 gallon mixed reef.
I have a thing for odd fish, I have kept orange spot filefish and dragonface pipefish before. My orange spot got a strange bacterial infection and died. It got like a giant puss ball inside of it, which I believe restricted it from eating as he got progressively skinnier and skinnier after it. I eventually figured it out when I picked him up and rubbed his side as a last measure thing that I read online, and all of a sudden puss started coming out of him... yuck. After I drained all the puss, he just swam down and stuck himself in the rockwork, and stayed like that till his death. He was almost at the 1 year mark :( My dragonface lasted a good 4 months before it died. I am still not sure of the cause, all I know is that he never ate, but there were plenty of pods in my 180 gal.

Just thought I would add on, at the last BAR Members frag swap, I won the borbonious anthias from the raffle. He is still doing great in my 180 gallon, and eating like a pig :) I will upload some pics of him later on too.

here is a link to a youtube video of my 28 gallon -

I really like your Eel and sea horse tank. Very impressive. Nice work, and very creative. You have a nice monti in there as well. The scape is cool and clean......perfect to show off the Eels. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi Kyle!! I"m really glad you are starting to post on the forums - I remember meeting you, your sis, mom, and dad at a couple of frag swaps, right? I know you kept winning a bunch of things at a frag swap earlier this year! Can't wait to see pictures of the anthias you won - so glad it survived....your seahorses and eel tank looks amazing - do the eels always extend out of the sand or only when feeding? Thanks for sharing!

Hi Kyle!! I"m really glad you are starting to post on the forums - I remember meeting you, your sis, mom, and dad at a couple of frag swaps, right? I know you kept winning a bunch of things at a frag swap earlier this year! Can't wait to see pictures of the anthias you won - so glad it survived....your seahorses and eel tank looks amazing - do the eels always extend out of the sand or only when feeding? Thanks for sharing!
yeah I know I remember talking to you. And yeah earlier this year I won the AI prime light and the blotched anthias at the Members only swap. The anthias is still doing great, and eats like a pig, here is a pic of him https://gyazo.com/61ede25d53af54883ca562af6ba9c0b5 . The eels usually poke their heads out of the sand 2-3 inches when not feeding, unless they are scared by something lol. At least the spotted ones do, the 2 splendid garden eels I have in there almost never come out, and its starting to get me worried... I am willing to give them time though, my first spotted garden eel took 2 weeks to not be scared of his own food.

I really like your Eel and sea horse tank. Very impressive. Nice work, and very creative. You have a nice monti in there as well. The scape is cool and clean......perfect to show off the Eels. Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thank you!

Hey guys, my name is kyle. I am 15 years old, and have been keeping reef tanks since I was 11. I have been to a few BAR frag swaps, and really enjoy them. I am not completely new to the club, just the forums lol. I want to get more involved with the forums/community. This is my first actual post here on the forums. Before this account I went by Kylescorals by the way. I started a tank thread for my 28 gallon nano cube here - http://www.bareefers.org/forum/posts/283757/
I currently keep a 28 gallon nano cube with garden eels and seahorses. I also keep a 20 gallon frag tank and a 180 gallon mixed reef.
I have a thing for odd fish, I have kept orange spot filefish and dragonface pipefish before. My orange spot got a strange bacterial infection and died. It got like a giant puss ball inside of it, which I believe restricted it from eating as he got progressively skinnier and skinnier after it. I eventually figured it out when I picked him up and rubbed his side as a last measure thing that I read online, and all of a sudden puss started coming out of him... yuck. After I drained all the puss, he just swam down and stuck himself in the rockwork, and stayed like that till his death. He was almost at the 1 year mark :( My dragonface lasted a good 4 months before it died. I am still not sure of the cause, all I know is that he never ate, but there were plenty of pods in my 180 gal.

Just thought I would add on, at the last BAR Members frag swap, I won the borbonious anthias from the raffle. He is still doing great in my 180 gallon, and eating like a pig :) I will upload some pics of him later on too.

here is a link to a youtube video of my 28 gallon -

Hi Kyle,
Congratulations with your first post :)
You have very nice corals
Any new ideas about the fish?

Zhenya

Back