Cali Kid Corals

Hitch Hiker Crab ID!

Hey everyone,

Posted this on RC also, but no response yet. I got this hitch hiker crab (was on a chalice), and saved him before the Coral Revive bath. Anyways, been floating him, and now finally sunk him with a few minor holes for water to pass through. Was looking for an ID, or if we can't figure out what he is to see if anyone wants him?

Thanks,
Drew

14+-+4

14+-+3

Very interesting. Its back legs appear to have paddles which makes me think its a portunidae. But its eyes aren't like anything I can find. Maybe someone else will have some input or that will send you in then right direction.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Awesome link Dan. If I had to guess, it looks like the "Portunidae" crab. Even says "note the paddle shaped back legs."

Poor little guy hasn't done anything wrong yet... now if he killed something of mine I'd be all for it (and have been before when I had a Mantis).

Anyways the little guy molted...
IMG_20140204_170733.jpg

IMG_20140204_170737.jpg

See how friendly he looks! :p

Lol. Everything is food for something. I have a peacock mantis and he gets live food at least once a week, mostly hermits and emeralds (slowly getting rid of all of them from my big tank). He looks cool, especially if he swims like the videos but in a reef tank..... No thanks. Probably get eaten in fowlr tank....

Lol. Everything is food for something. I have a peacock mantis and he gets live food at least once a week, mostly hermits and emeralds (slowly getting rid of all of them from my big tank). He looks cool, especially if he swims like the videos but in a reef tank..... No thanks. Probably get eaten in fowlr tank....
lol Yeah I know. When I had a peacock, I did he same thing. I slowly eliminated the hermit's I didn't want.

Are you coming to the swap on sat?

Back