got ethical husbandry?

hitch hiker

So I was looking at my tank today and I looked at a nassarus snail that hasnt moved in a lil while next to the glass. I look at it and I see the it has 2 eyes and then two little tubes coming out of it. so i was like mmmmmm lets look closer. So I did and sure enough I have a hermit in my tank :( it looks to be a zebra but still small its white.

So my question is how would a hermit come abouts in my tank. No new additions of rocks. I always take frags and place them on my own mounts if anything. So im lost on this one. Maybe he came in as an egg and hatched I dont know.

Also has anyone ever been able to raise cerith snails from babys?

Dolphin Pet Village got a shipment of Nassarus Snails that had about half dead, and 4-5 white hermit crabs in their shells. It looked like they were Nassarus assassins.

This happened to my sister one time, she got two Astrea snails and it turned out one was a hermit crab (even funnier; the hermit crabs cost more than Astrea snails).

Funny! I got an opposite story, in which I went to purchase a hermit crab and ended up with a snail!
I've asked for empty shells before from stores before for my hermit crabs to move into and there have been a few times in which the "empty" shell turned out to have a resident already. :p

Back