High Tide Aquatics

Hitchhiker... Aaaah!!!

Nav

After lights went off, found this one (about 5mm) on the glass moving slowly. Immediately sucked it out with a syringe and put it on a black surface with a few drops of water... it started moving around like crazy & fast...

This is the closest macro I could get. Good / Bad ???

hitch.jpg

Awesome! The first one is in the absolute center of the video. Its housed in a tiny white tube and 2 worm heads come out looking for food/something and retracts back in...

Don't worry about them, they don't anything bad The stomella snail is harmless too. I've tried buying them but I've never seen anyone carry them specifically. They get into spaces other snails can't.

I had so many stomatella snails before to the point where I was giving them away for free. @RavenSF I wish I had known you earlier, I woulda given you some as well. Anyways like raven says, super harmless. Also super ugly imo.

Population went away after I introduced a either a coris wrasse or cleaner shimp. Forgot which, but I'm pretty sure either of them had something to do with it..

I had so many stomatella snails before to the point where I was giving them away for free. @RavenSF I wish I had known you earlier, I woulda given you some as well. Anyways like raven says, super harmless. Also super ugly imo.

Population went away after I introduced a either a coris wrasse or cleaner shimp. Forgot which, but I'm pretty sure either of them had something to do with it..

No worries, I just redid my rocks and sand and added cerith snails to get into small spaces.

I actually added about 15 stomatella snails one time to my tank because I like them for the same reason as Raven.

They didn't survive very long :/ I only see about 1 stomatella snail in my tank.

I wish I had some. How sad is this... Actually had a dream about that I found a bunch of these in my sump. Pretty sad...

lol humu we will get you some next time!

I think someone from the club gave me like 10 at the last members frag swap.

I just saw a fat stomatella in my tank when the lights turned off. They are definitely a nocturnal snail for sure.

In place of Stomatellas, I'm digging the Cerith snails I got from Aquatic Collection this week. They're small and can get into tight spaces like Stomatellas.

Back