Hollywood Stunner Chalice in Mountain View

Discussion in 'DBTC - LPS' started by wpeterson, Jan 10, 2016.

statistics
Hollywood Stunner
Chain Started on:
01/10/2016
Latest Updated on:
01/23/2016
Chain Length:
13 days
Most Generous Donors:
wpeterson
Most Single Donations:
Number of Transactions:
Currently Growing:
Currently Available:
Currently Failures:
Currently Unknown:
  • image.jpg
  • 20170912_174227.jpg
  • side-stunner.jpg
  • IMG_4566.JPG
  • 20170622_100240.jpg
  • wpeterson
    wpeterson
    01/10/2016
    • Vhuang168
      Vhuang168
      01/13/2016
    • Newjack
      Newjack
      01/16/2016
    • coral4me
      coral4me
      01/16/2016
    • dochou
      dochou
      01/18/2016
    • MolaMola
      MolaMola
      01/23/2016
  1. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I've got several large frags and colonies of Hollywood Stunner Chalice for pickup in Mountain View on DBTC. You should have an established tank with a tank journal on BAR forums, the usual DBTC rules. You can see a few of the parent colonies in this top down shot on the bottom middle and left middle:

[​IMG]

This is a hardy and fast growing chalice, great for beginners.

Ashalye likes this.
  2. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

You do grow a mean monti!

wpeterson likes this.
  3. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Thank you! I trimmed them all and gave away about 10 frags at the frag swap (montis and chalices, mostly) but I need to do another round soon. They are cutting off light to the lower levels and growing horizontally into some of the acropora colonies. I've been lazy about keeping them trimmed. The later stage maintenance of a reef is a newer experience for me.

So happy to DBTC some of the green or purple monti's you see in that picture as well.

4. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

Pencil me in for 1 Winfield. Tank is looking sweet!
    Thanks

5. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Sure thing, PM me for my address and time to stop by. Next weekend is easiest, but we can also do evenings this week.

6. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

When you do trim the montis, please hook me up with some different colors. I want to create combo frags that will become colorful living sculptures

7. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

I would love a piece of the Hollywood Stunner and whatever monti you are fragging.

Thanks!

8. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Sure thing. PM me for my address and we'll arrange a pickup time. Most evenings this week and anytime this weekend are probably good.

9. Vhuang168

@wpeterson. Thanks for the generous frags. It's was great seeing your beautiful tank and meeting your family!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Hi Vincent,

Good to see you you again. I hope the corals do well! Post some pictures once they're growing out.

11. dochou

dochou Guest

I'd like a frag of the Hollywood Stunner Chalice or any Montis if you still have any left. LMK. thanks!

12. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I'm going to be at the BAR meeting at CA Reef Co on Saturday, so we can meet up there or pick up at our place in Mountain View another time this weekend.

There are currently one medium sized piece of Hollywood Stunner left (also a largish colony, reserved for @Newjack).

13. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Are you going to be at CA Reef Co for the meetup tomorrow? I'll bring you the last frag of the Hollywood Stunner if so.

14. dochou

dochou Guest

Sorry I won't be at the meetup. Can I come over some time when you are free?
    thanks.

15. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

thanks very much wpeterson!
    image.jpg

wpeterson likes this.
  16. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I gave away a colony and all the frags of stunner I have, but I was inspired to frag another colony so there are 3-4 more medium sized pieces and some small pieces of folks want some.

@dochou gets first dibs, but there's enough for another 2-3 more folks.

17. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

I also have a small frag of the purple montipora capriconis that I accidentally fragged while I was working on the biggest stunner colony today. Someone asked me about this at the meeting today, but I forget who it was (@wfong perhaps?). I'm usually happy to provide a small frag of red, green, or purple monti caps from one of our larger colonies if someone wants one.

18. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

It was I who was inquiring on the purple monti...

19. Vhuang168

@wperterson generously fragged his green monti for me earlier this week. When he broke off the piece, it broke into 3 pieces. All are a good sized so if anyone wants a piece of the green monti, let me know. I have 2 frags.

wpeterson likes this.
  20. wpeterson

wpeterson Webmaster

Well, it's all yours if you'd like it. I might be able to drop it off tomorrow or Monday if that works. I owe you one for the pump.