HOLY CRAP! Clowns are HARDY! :0

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by Euphyllia, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

[HAPPENED IN 14g] Last night I found my shrimp dead along with all my copepods dead... this morning I found all my corals melting... I decided to test the PH because the water was really cloudy... it was fine but when I closed the lid something burned my hand. I opened it back up and the water was BURNING! I looked at the thermometer and it was over 100 DEGREES! Everything in the tank except the plants, the polyps, and the clowns died! I didn't think ANYTHING would survive! IDK how the temperature even got that high but I got it back down to 78ish... Just thought I'd share.

2. Eight

Eight Guest

You had better replace your heater. It's likely bad.

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

replace the heater immediately. invest in a temperature controller.

Be prepared for your tank to completely recycle. You might need to do daily water changes to cope with die off.

4. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

UGHHHH! So much extra work! :(

5. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Be thankful you have a reason do do the extra work.

6. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Why? :/

7. radar1

radar1 Guest

I had a Kalk reactor malfunction once and found my tank looking like a jug of milk. I didn’t lose anything but during the whole process of trying to get things under control I noticed that the clowns seamed un phased.

8. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

because if you didn't have the extra work, it means your tank was totally nuked.

9. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Oh... I see... :)