got ethical husbandry?

holy moly !!!!! my snowflake clown laid eggs

Is there another clown fish in the tank with her?
If not.... well then don't worry to much about a hatch. It takes two to tango :)

Thanks guys. Pretty excited.

There is a male in there with her, I think he was camera shy and took off when I was taking the picture. This pair are actually a proven pair. I got it off some guy that wasnt into breeding them and didnt have the time so he sold it to me.

Nice job! How long did it take from when you acquired the pair to when they began spawning again?

Not aware of any marine ornamental breeders in the SJ area that can provide daily rotifers, unfortunately, but you will probably want to culture your own rotifers anyhow. It is easier than ever before. Check out the links JAR posted. :)

It took about 1 month. At first I didn't do anything special but feed my tank like normal. Then I tried bumping up the temp to about 82 degrees, adding more hours to the light cycle and started feeding them 2 to 3 times a day. I read somewhere that you need to feed them alot so they feel like there's unlimited sources of food for their frys . Not sure if this is true but within about a week or so I saw them cleaning the rock. Next day I found eggs.

I still need to learn more about breeding them. Some turned silver and I thought I was going to be able to catch some fry's but found nothing. There's still some eggs and hopefully I can get at least a few from this batch. If not its still a learn experience.

Back