High Tide Aquatics

Home page mock up

Been discussing a new homepage layout with Denzil. I have started to piece it together and replicate the old one. I have started to do it on the beta or sandbox for my website to see if we like it.

You can check it out here : http://beta.farmvillefeed.com

Again, this is just a mock up but I think it does match our colors nicely and its a great addition! Let me know what you think so far, still tinkering with it!

Not bad ! The photo should be bigger though. I do like the added calender.

Just click the photo to enlarge it. That is just a mock up post so it isn't blank and boring. We would of course do a nice write up and gallery style setup for photos from events like that.

Not 100% sure yet, need to collaborate with Denzil on it. I wont transfer everything to it since its just a mockup at this point. It will basically be a redo of the previous home page. Unless people are looking for more features, then those can be added as well.

The posts are easy enough to do by anyone with some basic HTML knowledge and some experience in wordpress. I am more than willing to do it or teach whoever would be interested :D

I do like the added calender.

+1 on the calendar! You must be clairvoyant, Dan - I was just about to add that to the Features Request thread.

Would it be possible to integrate the Wordpress page more with XF, such as automatically displaying the most recent threads?

BAR also has Twitter and Google+ accounts that could be integrated, in addition to FB.

+1 on the calendar! You must be clairvoyant, Dan - I was just about to add that to the Features Request thread.

Would it be possible to integrate the Wordpress page more with XF, such as automatically displaying the most recent threads?

BAR also has Twitter and Google+ accounts that could be integrated, in addition to FB.

The calender you see on the homepage is when new posts occur. It really isn't for setting up events based on the calendar, if that makes sense. We can however implement something along those lines if that is what we need.

About the Xenforo recent posts, I will look into integration :) I will also add the twitter and g+ to the social icons :)

Here is the side widget that gathers recent posts. We can set it for 1 or 1,000 recent posts. It is currently set on 8. I also added the little white and black clown icon :)

7b5JIKz.png

Also added the twitter social icon to the top as well as the follow button on the side. Was unable to locate the clubs google+ account :eek:

Also added the twitter social icon to the top as well as the follow button on the side. Was unable to locate the clubs google+ account :eek:

Thanks for the quick actions! I believe our vaunted VP was working on creating BAR's Google+ presence, but if it didn't happen then perhaps you may be interested in doing so?

I just checked the recent state and it looks pretty good. Great job! I think with additional iterations, I think we'll get it down pretty good.

Here's some of my feeback:
  • Any chance to change the fonts to Helvetica?
  • Are any of those social icons in a higher res?
  • "Calender" is mistyped. :)

I like the new home page on my computer. Looks very nice.
Pictures are a bit big though, which might be even more
of an issue if you are browsing on a phone or tablet.

You might want the "What's New?" link on the main page as well.
At least for me, that is the main like I use.

My opinion : The BAR social pages may actually hurt the club more than they help.
It might tend to fragment communication, as some switch from forums to the other
social accounts.

Back