Cali Kid Corals

Hooked up the RO/DI unit tonight...

So I hooked up my Typhoon Extreme III tonight, with a second RO 75gpd Chamber and a 3g Reserve tank hooked up under the sink with attached faucet...

I hope its all setup right...

I'll post pictures with flow arrow's tomorrow... Maybe some of you RO/DI Guru's can tell me if I did it wrong...

my Primary concern right now is, once the 3g reserve tank is full... Will the RO water just drain into the drain? or will it just stop flowing through the system and sit there?...

Good to know someone else is working on their setup this fine morning.
I'm bushed after 4 hrs of dealing that included my lovely wife catching both my angels while I ran interference.
I'm now having a beer.
What was your question :)

The question is about the RO system + reserve tank... once the reserve tank is full, what will the RO system do? just drain into the drain pipe, or stop flowing water?

No idea!!
Normally when my poly tank fills to the brim I end up washing down the garage floor!
Not helpful, butim chuckling.

I think I knew all those answers when I was all set to justify a RODI to the little lady but alas I never ended up needing a RO tank!

The RO Tank was to have some drinking water... We already drink around 20 gallons of Distilled water a month...

One of the selling points to my wife was getting the RO System would save us from having to buy 20g of water a month...

Glad to hear the auto shut-off worked! My wife actually asked me to install a new RO/DI when we moved, she was convinced that the water tasted better and brews a better cup of tea.

With my 3-gallon reservoir tank, I get the impression that the RO/DI runs extra long to fill it completely, perhaps to meet the tank pressure threshold. I was thinking of adjusting the tank pressure down to save on pre-RO filter changes and wasted water. Has anyone had experience tampering with the reservoir tank's pressure setting?

Back