Neptune Aquatics

Hot weather/increasing water temp

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Hopefully everybody today will have some relief from the hot temps from the last couple days.

Curious if people's tanks have seen an upsurge in water temps. Essentially the water temp in our tank rose from 77 to 81.7.

And what others are doing to try and keep temps down. I am taking ice packs and putting them in ziplock and putting them in the DT. Although I may put them in the filter socks the next time...

Poor fish/corals

Lawrence (&Betsy)

80.9 was the highest I got I believe. Fans blowing across the top works extremely well. But make you keep an eye on the ATO reservoir. More evaporation means more top off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

any damage from the heat?

Mine topped 82.7 . Went to 6 different stores around the area and all fans were sold out.
Used ice packs and frozen ice cubes of RO water.
When I didn't have one specifically for the tank I just put my house fan on a chair to get it high enough to blow across the surface of the water. It worked much better than the ice packs.

Mine got up to 81.1 last night. That's the highest it's been since having the tank fan. That part of the house felt humid so I'm wondering if the fan had a harder time evaporating more moisture into the air. Usually the temp starts coming down as soon as the fan turns on.

Chillers running, I think the warmest the DT got was 82 when we had the heat spike on Friday. I don't see any damage, though a few SPSes are not fully open.

Back