Kessil

How close is your tank to the wall behind it?

Assuming that, like the majority of tanks, your tank is up against a wall...how close is it to the wall? What do you consider enough clearance?

V

Enough to potentially attach a powerhead via a magnet or a Vortech pump (with enough airspace between the dry side and the wall). I think in my case it's four inches from the outside of the brace to the wall.

Too close. Mine is a corner tank and I have 5.5" on one side and 2" on the other side. I wish I had left 6" or 7" on both sides. Any ideas how to move a 600lb tank by 4 inches intact? :) I've been concocting all kinds of schemes involving multiple jacks and industrial inflatable lifting bags though none of these plans seem actually viable.

I have 1.5 inches. Just enough to clear a 110v ac chord.

I wanted this as close to the wall as possible so I could have some room in front of it.

have mine on an angle to the corner of the room so there is a triangular area behind the tank. The edges are very close to the wall so the only access point is through the stand.

bondolo said:
Too close. Mine is a corner tank and I have 5.5" on one side and 2" on the other side. I wish I had left 6" or 7" on both sides. Any ideas how to move a 600lb tank by 4 inches intact? :) I've been concocting all kinds of schemes involving multiple jacks and industrial inflatable lifting bags though none of these plans seem actually viable.

1 pound of butter should do it. :D

Enough potential additional powerhead or Vortech pump through the magnet (there is enough air space between the dry side and walls). I think in my case it's four inches, the support from outside the wall.

I think I'm going to go with 8 inches for the 180 tank. Stand will fit wherever it allows 8 inches!

I'd rather have a touch more space, knowing it can never be moved

V

I am going up too a 175 and I'd like to go 12 inches if I can, but a minimum of 8 inches. Too many times over the last 5 years I did not have enough rough room behind the tank. If you don't have the room, make the room. This is no Toyota.

Kelly

Back