Cali Kid Corals

How Crazy Am I?

So I am pondering on getting an 8-way OceansMotions unit. It will be powered by an Ampmaster 3000 (pump is bought).

I guess the sand is going to be all over the rocks now.

I would use the 4-way. It will be hard to do plumbing on the 8-way. Too many pipes = require more space in the back :D ..
I think 4-way will work better on your new system. Plus 4-way is cheaper too :p ..

Look at this mess :D
m56.jpg

Well, I caved....

I went with an 8-way - this will be interesting with an Ampmaster 3K on 4x2 tank.

Hmmm...don't they always say buy equipment for the next tank upgrade....

You should be OK.. Don't worry about the sand. I don't even think that is enough flow for 4x2 tank :D ...

I have 2x Tunze 6000 plus 500-600GPH return in a 48"x24"x20" tank. I have sand and most of the stuff are softy. I wish I bought the 6100 :D ..

Take a lot of pics when you setup the tank. I like to see other people tank :) .

Well, the tank is setup finally with the new sump (50g). Old sump cracked somewhere and started a slow leak at the bottom.

I hope to start working on the doors, one side panel, and still haven't worked on the canopy yet (so no lights yet).

Once the canopy is setup I can install the lights.

The OM will be on a closed loop, the return pump is a quiet one 4000. There is not a ton of flow as the top of the tank is at like 5' 6".

I'll start a thread once I get a bit more into the project.

Back