how did you decide on your username

Discussion in 'Welcome!' started by Roc, May 19, 2016.

1. Roc

Roc Guest

I was wondering how ppl came up with their user names

Mine is what i was refereed to for years before starting a reef tank, during my days as a Rapper, DJ and Producer.

Follow up question, is it weird for you to be called that name in public or at events?

Since I was known as Roc for years, its actually common for ppl to call me that.

2. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

It's my name. And yes it's weird to be called that in public . I usually just get shithead.

3. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

I'm born the year of the rooster and I work in tech. I use the same for my personal domain/blog and forum nicks.

I would go by my actual name in person not the nick lol.

4. coral4me

coral4me Supporting Member

Wasn't sure how to come up with a name. I'm not even good at naming my fish. :p

I decided to see if the forum would accept some non-alphanumeric characters so I could incorporate an instant message symbol in my screen name and it took it.

So I become <3-2-reef (love-two-reef). Some people don't get the connection and just drop the "<" symbol, so I now also respond to three-two-reef at BAR functions as well.

5. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Easy, my name's Fidel and I spend far more on my audio equipment than I do on my fishtank so it's HiFidelity wherever I can be the first to have it :D
    Pretty sure everyone's heard of "Hi-Fi"

coral4me likes this.
  6. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

Ender is a character from the Ender's Game series.

Turtles because I use to like turtles :p

7. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

Vincerama2 because

1) I liked Futurama
    2) I signed up as Vincerama on Reef Central years ago, then forgot my password right after I signed up and had to create a new user name, and I just brought it along to the club forums.

8. Vincerama2

Vincerama2 Evil Overlord

I actually thought it was due to "Endermen" in Minecraft.

Baykes and Enderturtle like this.
  9. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Still waiting for Shadow Alive to come out. So many loose threads.

Enderturtle likes this.
  10. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Was a physics major at SFSU... around 20 years ago... it's just been my handle I have been meaning to change it but hey this is me :D
    And yes, don't call me sfsuphysics in public.

11. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

It's just my email address. It's the same for any forum I join. Just easy to remember and gives me continuity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

My fish love hearing music rolling out of the Martin Logan's placed nearby. It keeps them calm :)

HiFidelity likes this.
  13. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

mine is a term commonly used in the neighborhood that I grew up in. Often referring to somebody "new" at anything. (a rookie) could be baseball, soccer, ice skating, knitting, or I'm my case.. Reefing. I've been using the same screen name on the boards for over a decade. & NO my first name is not "Jack"

14. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I became tankguy cause at one time I was running 6 tanks

15. jonmos75

jonmos75 Guest

Mine is simple it's an abbreviation of my first and last name plus the year I was born...and it reminds me each time how old I am getting....:p

16. Prisonfood53

Prisonfood53 Guest

Never been to prison or jail. My name was given to me 20 years ago to describe my basketball game, not very pretty but it will keep you alive and strong.
    For several years I was called Food by some of my friends.

Can def be awkward on IG. Even my goddaughter blocked me.

Ryan

HiFidelity likes this.
  17. Brandon Hamamoto

Brandon Hamamoto Supporting Member

I was wondering how to change my username LOL I got mixed up during the creating process and now my name is my username

18. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Wow you learn so much about a person from their username. Mine's just my last name and favorite number.

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

37?!? Is that including me?

wpeterson likes this.
  20. Roc

Roc Guest

I wouldnt even know how to say that outloud....LOL