Cali Kid Corals

How many do YOU have

Hm, I am struck by my curiosity again :)
1. How many tanks do you currently have running (fresh, brackish, marine, and everything in between)
2. How large is each tank?
3. What kind of tanks are they (i.e. freshwater planted, reef, fowlr, et cetera.)?
4. How long have you had each one of these tanks running for now?

I guess I'll start -
I've got a 33g Oceanic cube, which is my reef tank -just started up this past December
I have a 15H that is home to a pair of bonded Ocellaris, and a couple nice green tip BTA's -running since last summer
20L in the works, in which I plan to breed Bangaii Cardinals -well ... started about two weeks ago ;D

I have my 29 gallon (+ 10 gallon sump) reef only (no fish) system set up, and the 60 gallon (plus 29 gallon sump) in storage :( Can't wait until I live in a place where I can set up the 60 gallon again!

1. 2
2. 180g & 100g
3. Both reef, one hard corals, one soft corals
4. Stony "system" has been up for close to 3 years I'd guess, however the tank it's in now only 4 month, about the same time for the soft one, except the temporary digs maybe 2 months.

1. 2+2 (2 at home and 2 at my brother's basement
2. Home 46 BF 15G sump mixed reef; 29 Oceanic biocube softies lps with paired ocelaris. In the basement 60 gallon w/30g sump cycling in progress some LR with white zoas (they have been white for a loooong time ??) 30G Oceanic cube with false back, some polyps, still in progress and a 30G Oceanic identical unit going into my home soon sinc eno one bought it when it was posted on CL, so why not.
..skip to 4. 46BF the inhabitants and most of the rock have been mates since babies almost three years. BC few months?
and the other ones couple months, three tops.

1. 2 (or 3 depending on who you ask)
2. 36g and 13g fuge connected with a sump too, and a 29g
3. reef and planted fresh
4. 6 months and over 2 years

2 tanks

40B saltwater and a 10gallon freshwater.
The 40B has been running for about 9 months. My 10 gallon freshwater for around 7 years...

2 tanks.

600g FOWLR, 300g sump, 220g fuge 4.5 years old
220g SPS Reef, 50g sump, 100g fuge 7 years old. Was FOWLR, has been SPS now for 9 months.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6799.msg87898#msg87898 date=1236837281]
1 60G Hamster tank.. Does that count?? ??? ;D

[/quote]

that would fit "anything in between" :D

1 500 gallon Coral tank SPS and LPS
1 800 gallon Coral softy and fish tank
1000 gallon fish only system
1 45 gallon Coral tank
1 29H coral tank
1 29 gallon biocube
:D :D :D

At home I have:

A 20 gallon Long Tank that had been setup for about 8 years. my prize collection ;D
A 40 Gallon Planted Fresh Tank 5 years
A 30 gallon Super long and shallow tank setup for frags and clams. 2 years (Still in the works)
A 120 mixed reef tank. 5 years.

All the money I spent on this I could of bought my dream car :p
Still love it though :D

1. 2 tanks
2. 20 gallon and 10 gallon
3. Mixed reef and frag tank
4. The 20 gallon mixed reef has been up and running for a little over 2 years. The 10 gallon frag tank was setup this past December.

55 Gallon Tru Vu Saltwater we acquired from Dan at DownUnder 4 months ago just realy started stocking with coral GSP, zoas, etc. this is work in progress see picture below. Our first saltwater tank
24 G Nano Saltwater we just acquired from newreefnut 3 weeks ago
20 G fresh community tank we have had for 2 years
45 G fresh Cichlids tank that we have had for 3 years

Mike and Diane Ray

Wow, keep it coming guys and gals! It's definitely reassuring to know I am not the only crazy one. Or obsessed?

Meh, what's it matter? ;D

I really only one one of my tanks, however the woman always says "You can't get rid of that" when I mention selling off the goods of the softy tank. While this does put me in a pickle, the upside is that she's not allowed to say anything bad about me keeping the tanks either :D

3 tanks (soon to be 4)
A 10 hex fw tank
A 20 high (iirc) modded eclipse nano
A 165 mixed reef (a mix of live and dead corals or corals and algae, as you like) w/ a 120 sump

40g frag prop tank
14g "prettier tank" so my wife won't focus as much on the ugly frag tank :p

used to also have a 30g cube, 10g, 0.75g, and 4g (FW)

180 gallon in wall in the works
80 gallon mixed reef (currently main tank)
15 gallon quarantine
10 gallon softies reef at work
10 gallon guppy and dwarf freshwater puffer

Back