Neptune Aquatics

How the heck do I frag this?

neuro

Webmaster
nebydeqa.jpg

Shutin's red planet. Just got it into my tank. Will wait at least a week before I am sure it won't stn/rtn...

But not sure where to start because this thing is gigantic....

Thanks jim I might take you up on that soon.

Thanks euod, I also picked up a blue tort. I love the hobby, i don't get a lot of the same enjoyment doing anything else.

I hate to say it, but from that pic, I don't think there's going to be much to frag :(
I do hope it's just the pic...

There isn't a whole lot of single frags I can cut into small pieces with a bone cutter. I'm guessing 3 or 4. Which I'm hesitant to do right now for fear of a better looking larger frag

I was hoping someone knew how to properly cut the body into chunks.

Feel free to break off that back 1/3rd and just give it to me. You can use your hands to break it off it you want.

Seriously, if you have a dremel, you can use that to frag larger pieces off too.

I'm afraid the dremel disks aren't that wide enough, though I might be able to cut one side and then flip the piece over.

Here's how I would frag it. Chop that big hunk on one end. Then pop off as many as those branches as I could and distribute those to as many people as possible to increase the chances of keeping it alive. The base what's left of the base hopefully will grow back. The big hunk you hacked off in the upper left just use that as your pretty piece while the base regrows. Bone sheers for the "fingers", and just hack at the top part with a hatchet :D... of course hard to tell how large it really is in the picture

That said, doesn't look like a "Red Planet" looks more like a millepora. My red planet had a lot of tabling type qualities.

Attachments

• Frag.png
    Frag.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 196
Back