Neptune Aquatics

How to get my anemone to move to the visible part of the tank

I have a showpiece yellow-tipped rose anemone that moved to the back of the rockwork after swapping tanks. How do I get that sucker to go to the front so my coworkers can drool over it?

The nem will move around the tank, wait until it move to the location you like then feed it, it will stay there for good especially after the clown fishes moved in.

How long has it been in your tank? Can you see if it is in the process of splitting? Have any water parameters changed?

water parameters probably changed quite a bit because of the tank move. hope it is splitting because i can trade the clones for some nice stuff.

Give it some time. Also check to make sure the flow isn't too high. Mine went and hid under a rock for a few weeks before coming out.

Did you acclimate it to your lights? I'm not sure what kind of lights you have, but if your lighting is a lot brighter than the lighting in the tank you got it from that could be bothering it which would explain the hiding in the back. Also make sure there isn't too much flow in the tank because that could also be what caused it to hide in the back. Make sure your water parameters are well and stable. Also make sure the temperature isn't going too high in the day. That's everything I can think of.

anathema said:
I envision a tank on a turntable that rotates about once every hour, then you can enjoy every angle!

That would be an awesome invention. A 20 gallon glass cube that very slowly rotates. It could be like that glass cube at Ocean Treasures that had no cover and the water just poured out the top and down the sides. That would be so awesome... $)

hiepatitis said:
Both anemones are strolling now and won't settle down. I'm afraid they'll get caught in the tunze and get ground up.

Tough call huh, on one hand you can leave the flow at full bore and risk mulching the nems, and on the other if you turn down the flow you know when you turn it back up they are going to move again :~

tuberider said:
hiepatitis said:
Both anemones are strolling now and won't settle down. I'm afraid they'll get caught in the tunze and get ground up.

Tough call huh, on one hand you can leave the flow at full bore and risk mulching the nems, and on the other if you turn down the flow you know when you turn it back up they are going to move again :~

no kidding. that anemone cost a few hundred bucks. only nice thing i have left

Back