Reef nutrition

how to make this shoot better??

Can you see what's wrong with it?? :D
mandarine3ja1.jpg

corraline on the lower left parts need to be cropped out, the mandarin is out of focus but well placed in the composition =)

exposure and white balance seem to be dead on otherwise! keep up the good work =)

Any idea how to focus on the fish. The leather is in front and my stupid camera will focus on whatever infront and not the back. Is there anyway to get a clear shoot of the whole thing?

When you half click the button many cameras LCD (or eye piece) will have a little box in the center that represent what it is focusing on. Many digital cameras go one step further in "deciding" what you want to focus on, which in someway sucks big time. Usually though you can set it to "manual" .. i.e. whatever the box is on right now, focus on that damnit! type of option. So what you do is you point towards the fish, focus on that with a half click of the shutter button, then move it back to the scene you want and fully depress the button and viola you get a picture that was focused at the fish.

However if they fish doesn't stay still this might be quite problematic :)

I'm sure Art, Rich, Gresham, or any other people with vastly more experience with cameras than I will fill in any blanks I might have missed.

Wow that's pretty good Eric. I have CS2 but I don't know how to edit like that. I use it to crop and clean up some stuff but don't know anything other than that :D ...

Mike,
The manual focus is pretty useless on my camera. Hopefully "someone" will buy me one :D ..

well I don't mean "manually" focus the shot, but use auto-focus to manually target what you want, ie the little square on the LCD screen. Half click to focus on your object then go back to the scene you want and depress.

Back