Jestersix

I feel stupid today.

JAR

My solorensis wrass jumped out of my tank and died on the floor. :(
I've had him for about a year and I was just noticing yesterday how large and beautiful it had become.
I have been meaning to come up with some kind of cover for my tank but have yet to do so.
I guess there are only two kinds of wrasses in uncovered tanks.
Those that have not jumped and dead ones.

Thanks guys.
Today is not starting out so good for the fish.
The Bellus angel I had in QT had a heart attack or something last night.
Eating, acting fine with others in QT now RIP.
Other fish in QT seem perfect.

Well one one of my rabbit fish (who was looking quite skinny as of late) apparently floated over the overflow and got stuck in the overflow pipe's suction. He's still gasping for breath in my sump, but I dunno if I should mercy kill and just flush him or if I should let him die on his own suffering.

Yeah I know, I was going to reach in and grab him, but decided that even if he wasn't dead I'm sure there's some tasty venom still waiting to get me... again.

JAR said:
My solorensis wrass jumped out of my tank and died on the floor. :(
I've had him for about a year and I was just noticing yesterday how large and beautiful it had become.
I have been meaning to come up with some kind of cover for my tank but have yet to do so.
I guess there are only two kinds of wrasses in uncovered tanks.
Those that have not jumped and dead ones.

Actually the 2 types are the:

Ones who jumped and were rescued.
Ones who jumped and noticed when the smell got too bad!

No @ least 3 types

ones who jumped, didn't smell and where found as carpet jerky :)

I have to confess something morbid. I actually have the first saltwater fish that I ever owned (ever)...

... dried up in a ziplock bag in my closet.

The little percula clown who I had for a year or two jumped 11 years ago and I found him dried up on the carpet. Didn't have the heart to just toss him in the trash, so I put him in a ziplock and forgot about him. He's still in the closet somewhere.

Not morbid.
All mine are in said ziplock in the freezer.
I used to have a cool road kill bobcat in the freezer too!
It was so cool. still warm and supple when I found him.
Absolutely perfect. Except dead.

Jon,

I lost a solar wrasse the same way. I rescued him one time and the second time I found him behind the tank. Here's a link to a guy who sells 1/4' mesh material to go over your tank. I'm definitely going to put some over my 450 when I get it set up.

http://www.reef2reef.com/forums/f60/fs-1-4-square-clear-polypropylene-29899.html

Jim

1/8" is much better :)

@Eight.... I have a few jerky fish as well :) Mainly little gobies but a couple very small anthias as well :)

@JAR... my friend used to have a few freezers with all kinds of animals. The massive beaver was way cool (and cold)

When I was a kid a friend was in the neighborhood knocked and asked if they could leave a buzzard in our freezer. It had gotten hit by a car in front of them and was in there for years as they were back stocked with getting animals mounted. Thanksgiving always reminds me of it because the first one after the buzzard arrived, Dad pulled it out and asked Mom to turn on the oven. We all fell out laughing, as he tried to be serious.

Eight said:
I have to confess something morbid. I actually have the first saltwater fish that I ever owned (ever)...

... dried up in a ziplock bag in my closet.

The little percula clown who I had for a year or two jumped 11 years ago and I found him dried up on the carpet. Didn't have the heart to just toss him in the trash, so I put him in a ziplock and forgot about him. He's still in the closet somewhere.

You know, cops can use that against you in a CSI investigation....

Oh... We found what looks like remains in his closet!...

So you DO have skeletons in YOUR closet :p

Found him.

710869034_v3hMA-M.jpg

OH crap, you want pictures. I gotta find the old point and shoot now :p

Jason, you are weird! JAR, I had a feeling you were weird too...... Gresham.....I already knew you were weird already.

Back