Kessil

I have a frag rack now

Don't want to glue them to the rock until I move them over to the 40G. Somehow they're able to find a way to jump into the bubble coral >:( so I made a rack for them today.. Having a nano tank suck.. don't even have spot on the side for the rack ::)
fragrack1.jpg

Hey Phong,

You going to the Dec meeting? I can pass along some mag mounts Serg gave me about a year ago. I think I have 4. They will give you a little more space until the 40G is ready.

Yeah I'm going but that's cool man. This is just for temporary. I'm going to get the 40G up and running soon.. Thanks!!

I kinda like the bracket style. I can take the whole thing up without getting wet :D ..

Phong, not that you asked BUT :) if you put some notches on the acrylic it would be a little more stable and adjustable. I have 2 small ones just made of acrylic with wholes but I like yours better.

Yeah thought about that but the rack is so small there isn't really a need for that. I was planning to make everything out of acrylic but the drill bits I have doesn't drill acrylic smoothly.

If you have a bench grinder you can reshape the drill bit to be more sutable for acrylic. You want a longer throw on the tip. Some actually put a small flat spot on the tip as well, but I don't :)

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=5325.msg66105#msg66105 date=1227718946]
If you have a bench grinder you can reshape the drill bit to be more sutable for acrylic. You want a longer throw on the tip. Some actually put a small flat spot on the tip as well, but I don't :)
[/quote]

I wish I have all the tools but I don't :( ..

Wow Phong, I'm amazed you got a frag rack in that little tank! If you can do it, then I must be able to find a spot in my 28.

Where did you get that curved plastic piece? I like the concept of being able to pull it up and down without getting too wet. I hate putting my hands in the small tank. Seems like everything gets knocked over and I have to readjust all the time.

;D it's a very small rack..

I bent the piece myself. Toss it in the oven at 300 degree. Check every 2-3 minutes.. When it reflexible enough, you can take it out and bend it any way you want. Scrap acrylic at Tap plastic is very cheap.

Thanks for the tip! I was at TAP plastics today looking for eggcrate (the pieces are HUGE!), and I saw the scrap plastic. Your piece is black, but I assume a clear one will work the same way? How thick is the piece you used to make the handle?BTW, do you know anyplace where they sell smaller pieces of eggcrate?

yeah any color will work.. I just happen to have a small black piece. It's 1/4" thick. You can use thinner piece.

HD sells eggcrate. How big of a piece do you need? I can bring you a piece to the meeting..

Back