Reef nutrition

I like the new len

Auto focus much faster than the 18-55 and 55-200 lens. The VR is way better than the 55-200.

These birds are extremly far. The photo is not bad at all.

I still have a lot to learn so any tips to help me improve please feel free to let me know ;D

birds.jpg

lemon.jpg

sky.jpg

Yeah but I just found out a problem with it >:( ..

When shot at 18mm, there is a black shadow right in the middle of the bottom and the four corners. >:(
I think there is something wrong with this len. I'm going to call the vendor when they reopen tomorrow.

DSC_0524.jpg

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2736.msg28765#msg28765 date=1198629031]
Yeah but I just found out a problem with it >:( ..

When shot at 18mm, there is a black shadow right in the middle of the bottom and the four corners. >:(
I think there is something wrong with this len. I'm going to call the vendor when they reopen tomorrow.

DSC_0524.jpg

[/quote]

did you use flash?

It's called vignetting, it happens to most zoom lenses when you shoot on the wide end.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vignetting

The one in the middle is your lens casting a shadow on the wall... though not sure why yours is orange... and not sure why the lower right has red. To remedy this, you need an external flash to mount, a ringflash, or off camera flash... or no flash at all.

To remedy the vignetting... well you can't really with that lens, you'll probably need to photoshop (which is super easy to remove vignetting from RAW files) or a different lens.

Do you have a filter on it? Sometimes at 18mm the thicker filters also cause a bit of vignetting.

Sometimes vignetting looks ok in photos. This one of my car is most likely one of the few where I didn't correct the vignetting in photoshop:

147084845_5a126f5b27.jpg

[quote author=northbay-reefer link=topic=2736.msg28767#msg28767 date=1198636218]
and here is Pam's bazooka joe

IMG_0189.jpg

[/quote]

lol DAYUMN talk about a hijacker! ;)

If you're using a filter on it. Pull it off. Same w/the lens hood. Then try reshooting and see if you get the same effects.

No filter here but I did use flash. I will try again without flash to see what happen.

Tom, you suck ;D ... Nice stuff man ..

Back