Kessil

I made a mistake today

I see it is listed as Moderately difficult by two sites. Clean oxygenated water and meaty foods. I think you can do it.

http://www.petsolutions.com/Red-Stripe-Anthias+I104870L+C77.aspx

http://www.marinecenter.com/fish/anthias/redstripeanthias/

Although I don't know if the info in these sites are reliable.

More info. http://www.wetwebmedia.com/anthiines_ii.htm

Good luck!

It eats flake so that is a good sign.. didn't know they can grow up to 7" and should keep in a 125G tank or bigger :eek: .. Where is the Anthias police??

Yeah I know.. My boys wanted it.. They gave me several choices.. A seahorse, A big "Dory", puffer fish, a shark egg or this... I shouldn't buy it... I will try my best to keep it alive though.. The fish ain't cheap but that's not what I really worry..

Now they know the Anthias Police is on the way. They will be knocking on your door any minute now ;D

Sometimes it's hard to know these things when you are at the store and see a nice fish. It happened that I had the Marine Fishes pocket guide in the car but still could not find a specific fish I saw at the LFS that I liked. They should have a computer with internet access at the LFS so you can do some research if you don't want to go home to do research and later come back to see that the fish is gone. :D

[quote author=alve link=topic=5921.msg74681#msg74681 date=1231987589]
Now they know the Anthias Police is on the way. They will be knocking on your door any minute now ;D

Sometimes it's hard to know these things when you are at the store and see a nice fish. It happened that I had the Marine Fishes pocket guide in the car but still could not find a specific fish I saw at the LFS that I liked. They should have a computer with internet access at the LFS so you can do some research if you don't want to go home to do research and later come back to see that the fish is gone. :D
[/quote]

Yes, I agree. There have been times when I have asked the store to lend me their reference books so I could look up a particular fish. An on-line system would be such a huge help to the customer, and save heartache, and animal lives.

Phong, don't you have internet on your phone? You should be able to keep it jsut fine if it's eating flake already, and then eventually give/trade/sell it away (or upgrade). And I know you know this, but vary up the diet. Even if it does eat flake, toss in some frozen and/or cyclopeeze stuff every now and then. I heard anthias need lots of meals (of smaller size) throughout the day.

And got the koralia- let me know your paypal address or I'll just pay you when I see you.

anyone have a good end-all be-all of online fish index's to look up care req's etc?

Yeah I will feed him frozen and cyclopeez. I will get some articpods tomorrow. I'm wondering if it eats golden pearl stuff.

So far she eats everything I toss in there. Eats like a pig too.. That's the good thing.. Hopefully I can keep her for a long time...
redstripeanthias.jpg

redstripeanthias1.jpg

Yeah very cool fish.. I have two more clownfish to add to the tank. I will look for another small fish couple months later (after doing research :D).. I really like the fish. My little boy picked this out of the 4 Max has.

Nice looking Anthias, a bit pricey though isn't it?

I was thinking of some lyretails, but then my g/f told me "that just looks like a really expensive goldfish" *sigh*

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5921.msg74712#msg74712 date=1231995978]

I was thinking of some lyretails, but then my g/f told me "that just looks like a really expensive goldfish" *sigh*

[/quote]

LOL ;D She is kinda right... comets...

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=5921.msg74712#msg74712 date=1231995978]

[/quote]

We are BAR members.. You know Max will hook us up..

I just re-read the book and it turned out that I read a wrong section.. ::) ;D .. They aren't that bad :D ..

Back