High Tide Aquatics

I need a camera

for photoshop cs2 I use image-> adjustments -> Autolevels and it does a fairly good job at white balancing , the only exception is if it's EXTREMELY blue it tends to over saturate reds a little too much.

I love shooting frags with eggcrate in the photo. I use that for an easy whitebalance. Likewise, you can use a grey card (white balance card) to set a user defined white balance for the current bulb.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=4911.msg62602#msg62602 date=1225921731]
I love shooting frags with eggcrate in the photo. I use that for an easy whitebalance. Likewise, you can use a grey card (white balance card) to set a user defined white balance for the current bulb.
[/quote]
Yeah but eggcrate under heavy blue lights is by no means white, I was under the impression white balancing made colors more true to view, where as blues tend to heavily over saturated the ccd/cmos of a camera.

Yup Mike, the goal shouldn't be to make the egg crate look white if it is not white with your actual tank lighting.

well what is "true to color" on a coral? under 10k bulbs? natural sunlight? at what depth in the ocean? To me a true to view is what I want, what does it look like in your tank, then you say what bulbs you're using to achieve that affect and it's done (like ahhh so you have 880 watts of VHO actinics and 20k radium bulbs.. gotcha)

The camera has a few white balance settings, out dooe, shade, three different fluorescent settings. In the RC article they mentioned something about using fluor #2, I've tried both #2 & #3 and didn't notice much of a difference. I'll try messing with a white background with my lighting to see what works.

Getting better....

PSMI.jpg

ORA Marshall Island Lavender Acro, AFA I know one that was a casualty of the big typhoon...

Back