High Tide Aquatics

Ian's Unfragged (until 10 minutes ago) Watermelon Chalice

iani

Supporting Member
coralshots1of4February112009copy.jpg

After all the begging and pleading from Bryan and Tony. I finally decided to frag two small pieces of this chalice.
First gen reserved for Tony and Bryan. They have been asking me for it for a while. My frag was grown from a 3/4" piece.

Rules (for the future)

Must have a tank thread
Must be experienced with LPS
Must have started 3 of their own DBTCs or 1 extreme DBTC
Must contribute back 2 frags before selling or trading

Hi Ian. How old and what's the size of the pictured watermelon? Just wondering how fast it grows.

Very nice and generous of you.

After my girlfriend said "I needed to get a coral like that" (and me saying "which one") and her pointing to the watermelon... then me groaning... yeah I want in too :D

Thanks, Aldie.
Funny, Mike.

Sid700 the piece is currently about 4"s or so in diameter. If I had to guess, I would say I got it almost 2 years ago.

Haha, Mark. It will be spread out in no time.

Cmon it has only been like 6 months or so of begging. BTW I must say after seeing his tank many times, this is one of his nicest pieces.

Very very generous of you Ian.

Why do we even bother voting on this one... just put into the extreme thread! ;) Hope to be able to score a second or third generation one day!

[quote author=mpoletti link=topic=6837.msg88384#msg88384 date=1237002173]
A little off topic, but you will have to direct me in how to seal my band saw next week.

Thanks
[/quote]

No problem Mark. Its a snap.

Thanks everyone. One more frag goes to Charles. I was talking to him online telling him how I was pissed b/c I lost a frag (it came loose from the plug). I told him to come over and if he finds it he can have it. Guess what I just found it. He doesn't even know yet lol.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=6837.msg88383#msg88383 date=1237002096]
I must say after seeing his tank many times, this is one of his nicest pieces.

Very very generous of you Ian.
[/quote]

Exactly what i was thinking.. :)

[quote author=zambavi link=topic=6837.msg88395#msg88395 date=1237002963]
Why do we even bother voting on this one... just put into the extreme thread! ;) Hope to be able to score a second or third generation one day!
[/quote]
This guy is so extreme first generation frags aren't even available! :D

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6837.msg88371#msg88371 date=1237001028]OH, HECK YA!!!! [/quote]
I second that!

** The contents of this post was edited for family friendliness :D

[quote author=iani link=topic=6837.msg88405#msg88405 date=1237005555]
Thanks everyone. One more frag goes to Charles. I was talking to him online telling him how I was pissed b/c I lost a frag (it came loose from the plug). I told him to come over and if he finds it he can have it. Guess what I just found it. He doesn't even know yet lol.
[/quote]

It sure pays to console Ian in times of need ;)

Seriously, it's an awesome addition to DBTC. Thanks.

Back