Cali Kid Corals

Ich

That's interesting about the ammonia/ammonium. Thanks, Mr. Ugly!

I made up new water using the filtered water and moved them to it. Just to be on the safe side.

Well, the firefish seems to be doing better, but I lost the chromis. :( I'm really bummed about this. He was the first fish I bought, and the only creature I'd given a name to. (Truman)

*sigh*

Still, the display tank seems really healthy. The shrimp is doing great, the star polyps and zoanthids are open and happy looking, the brittle stars seem fine, and chaeto keeps growing.

I'm determined to do better and take good care of the creatures I get. I started a post on RC about future animals I'd like to get and quarantine setup. If anyone here has advice about this, I'd love to hear it too. Thank you!

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1416206

I don't have a quarantine, and ffor a year and a half i didnt get ich. I just saw it on my flame Angel and Fire fish. I dealt with Ich alot on my fresh water fish ...and i usually feed them alot and raise the temp. and add stress coat from API.

I have a colony of GSPs, a fire fish , a flame , a pair of false percs, and a mandarin goby on a 32gallon.
The only infected fish i have observed are the flame and fire.
I just raised the temp to 85 and was going to lower at 72 within a day.
And I'll be doing a 30% waterchange after lowering it at 72.

Back