got ethical husbandry?

ID Please

Have this nice looking frag disc, Is there a fancy name for it?

P1201725.jpg

Thanks, I got it from Green Marine but I'm clueless as what people name it.
Baby's Breath Favia has been on my list for a while now; you must realize I'm lost when it comes to ID corals by now.
This is a future DBTC for sure, I need to let it grow off the plug and encrust? on the rock.

I have a bunch of favia that are now a permanent part of my rock work. Be carefule as to how you attach it or you may never get it off to be able to frag it (or it least it will be a major PITA).

+1 on the baby's breath, looks similar to mine...

and +1 on the be careful where you put it bit, I cut half of it to put on the rock the other half on the old disk.. disk one died (it was very finicky about being fragged) the part on my rock is growing... I think.

I thought BB Favia was more of "Pastel" colors but with so many images on the net plus photo editing...
I got it because it caught my eye, kind of love at first sight.
I'm going to place another disc frag plug next to it so it grows on it.

ryanjiang said:
xcaret said:
Found this image so might be BBF

BabysBreath.jpg

Most pictures of BBF I have seen are not as colorful as above, check out Tyree's picture of BBF,

auctioned_babysbreathfavia_seed.jpg

Just my 2 cents no offending.

The second image is more of what I had in mind for BBF, that's for sure.
First picture is from Matt's web site.
Although I'm not a fan of fancy names, it is a "good thing" when trying to ID/recognize a coral.
Jason Fox's BBF looks to me more of what I have at home as far as I can tell.

*Edit* And Photoshop has a LOT to do with image coloring too.

he sold you the babys breath? I asked him for that about a month ago and he wouldn't sell it to me. lucky. I'm jealous. it has really nice colors in person.

The one you got was in the one of the first tanks on the right side as you come in. Right? If so, that's it. I rot my brain a lot so my memory is shot. So it could have been longer since I've been there

yup, was attached to other two plugs, think so the favia could encrust as it kept growing.
He didn't know the name of it when I asked, the colors caught my eye so I took it home.

JRocha said:
he sold you the babys breath? I asked him for that about a month ago and he wouldn't sell it to me. lucky. I'm jealous. it has really nice colors in person.

+1, I asked for a frag about 2 months ago and he wouldn't sell me a piece.

Mario, nice pick up.

Back