High Tide Aquatics

ID? White Sponge?

humu

Bought an Alveopora and found this on the coral. Seems like a sponge. Feels a bit like dense styrofoam. Should I remove?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    73.5 KB · Views: 227
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    45.8 KB · Views: 226
Hmm interesting. I actually recently had a population explosion of little white q-tip sponges and I was curious if you had the same but mine look different than yours.

I had/might still have something similar in my tank. I only saw it in very dark places
under some rocks. It never affected anyone else in the tank, so I didn't bother to eliminate it. It looks unpleasant though, so if it would be in plain sight I would most likely remove it.

Jill has this in her tank. She really doesn't like them.

They always get dislodged and then fly around into the mouths of other corals, making them close up.

Weird thing is I dont think I have any pineapple sponge anymore. Maybe I don't feed enough!

Jill has this in her tank. She really doesn't like them.

They always get dislodged and then fly around into the mouths of other corals, making them close up.

Weird thing is I dont think I have any pineapple sponge anymore. Maybe I don't feed enough!
Pineapples usually don't last very long. More or less a phase in a newer tank usually.

Back