High Tide Aquatics

Idaho Grape Part II DBTC Colony Edition

Hey Guys,

I know Kinetic already offered a 1" Frag of Idaho Grape, But I want to offer a DBTCC. I actually got this as a frag about the size of my thumb nail at a BAR frag swap 2 years ago. Now I have 5 colony sized pieces so I thought I would start the first ever don't break the chain colony edition. These can get a really deep purple under high lighting with good water quality (ask Apon)- I only have a 150W 14K Phoenix bulb. So normal DBTC rules apply except that you should pass along another colony sized frag for the second generation (or third if you count the frag swap).

Mother Colony
DSC_0428-1.jpg

DSC_0411-1.jpg

Colony 1
DSC_0412-1.jpg

Colony 2
DSC_0414-1.jpg

All three colonies in my standard 29 gallon tank-they are taking over.
DSC_0415-1.jpg

There are three more colonies in my sump that are a little browned out because they are under PC's.

Come and get em! I'm in the inner sunset nearr UCSF.

Hmmmm if only I could find say...... a 58 gallon Oceanic Tank.

Here is a pic of the original frag outlined. This has been the fastest grower in my tank and I think it sucks calcium like a clam. I don't even test for calcium anymore, I just make sure this thing has white growth around the edges and I know I'm good.

DSC_0428outline.jpg

I'm liking colony if it's not spoken for. I'll split it into 2 or 3 right off the bat and then let them grow out.

I'd love a piece. I just posted a note on ReefCentral asking if anyone wanted to sell me some coral and bring it to the BOD. I particularly wanted a piece of Idaho Grape as I lost my piece in my Salinity mis-measuring fiasco; it had been growing so nicely too.

Let me know. If you are going to the BOD meeting of course that would be fantastic. If not, it'd be worth coming up from San Jose.

Levi I think you forgot to add the number in your post.

Stubbsz You can definitely have the one left after Levi tells me the number he wants. Maybe Eileen or Arnold can come pick up the coral and bring it to you at the BOD meeting as I have a retreat this weekend and can't make it back.

[quote author=wakskat link=topic=2810.msg29688#msg29688 date=1200027585]

Stubbsz You can definitely have the one left after Levi tells me the number he wants. Maybe Eileen or Arnold can come pick up the coral and bring it to you at the BOD meeting as I have a retreat this weekend and can't make it back.
[/quote]
Hey, thanks a lot.

[quote author=wakskat link=topic=2810.msg29688#msg29688 date=1200027585]
[/quote]

I sure did, Colony 2 please. Make that to go :) If it could be at the BOD mtg that's cool if not maybe the Feb mtg?

[quote author=wakskat link=topic=2810.msg29696#msg29696 date=1200029237]
Would you like fries with that?

Feb swap may be better.
[/quote]

:D The swap works I might be able to get over there sooner... are you free Sunday afternoon (I have to check w/ the Mrs's but I might make it out there?

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2810.msg29698#msg29698 date=1200029600]
If you have excess at the Feb swap, I won't deny a DBTC :)
[/quote]

You never know when a piece might fall off :)

wakskat - If there's another one available, let me know. I'm on the other side of GGP, so I'm close by and can pickup anytime. Thanks.

I have a few colonies in the sump that will just need to be colored up with a metal halide and you are welcome to any of those.

Mark

Mark - are you home tonight later after 8-9pm If you can drop it off to me sure i can bring to BOD. I had a mishap with mine, it fell on something and got stung, but still alive you can see if you want. Call my cell later.

Hey guys, Looking at the picture of that #1 colony I think it could be a little big for me. brianbigoats, gave me three beautiful SPS frags to go with the two I'd asked for so with 5 new frags in the tank, a huge colony of Idaho grape is going to be hard to accommodate.

I hate to pass on this, I can hardly believe I'm typing this. However, I think it's the responsible thing to do.

If the browned out sump colonies are a little smaller or you have a frag, I'd love a piece. If not then no worries and thank you very much.

Hey Stubbsz,

What size would you like? I can frag colony #1 into two colonies so just let me know what size you would like and someone else can have the rest.

Mark

Back