Cali Kid Corals

If you are battling bryopsis, it looks like Fluconazole is the cure

Man if only this was discovered earlier I wouldn't have to start over on my tank. But then again I wouldn't of bought all these new toys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
We used it it was amazing. We actually might need to do it again to totally wipe it out but it was i rough shape before. We were srubbing every frag and frag rack in the frag tank at least once a month and it was still chocking out the coral. This was during the Utter Chaos growout contest. So the algae and bryopsis slowed the coral growth but the treatment did not it just took off.

Supposedly it can work on hair algae as well. Same cell membrane or something.
Not enough data yet, so I remain skeptical on that, but who knows.

I just started treatment on two of my display tanks in the shop with Fluco today. The SR80 by the door and the main 450 display. 1400mg for the SR80, 8,000mg for the 450g.

Tons of people have used this in my local club up in Oregon. It kills hair algae and bryopsis really well. There is something else that kills Bubble but I can't remember off the top of my head. It has worked extremely well and has zero effect on coral. I've been tempted to order some to just have on hand in case I ever got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back