Jestersix

I'm going to superglue & zip tie this anemone to a rock

haha just kidding...

So it's my first experience w/ anemones, recently I introduced 2 anemones to my tank in hopes that my clown pair would host but of course they are idiots and haven't even noticed the anemones in the tank yet.

My only issue is one of the anemones is not staying still, it roamed around the glass & when I walked in today I saw it flailing from one of the powerheads so immediately I thought "oh no, what did you do you stupid anemone" but when I shut the powerhead off I noticed that it was hanging by its foot outside of the powerhead in mid-stream. So that's fine I knew this could happen but how long will this thing wander around before it decides it's happy? I can't keep the powerhead off, I have corals in still water when it is off due to the placement of the second powerhead....

Just remember that it can wander even after it stays put for a year....... never assume that your corals or powerheads are safe.

-Gregory

the one anemone is still on the powerhead, powerhead is still off :mad:

I think tonight I'm going to stick my finger under this anemone and toss it somewhere near the sand bed and as far away from the powerheads as possible, the other anemone on the other hand seems to have found the best of both worlds. The spot this anemone calls home is a piece of rock that protrudes out and almost in the path of a powerhead's stream so it's anchored well on a rock yet getting all the flow it wants from the powerhead just near it. Now to get the second one to do the same....

0 of my 6 rbtas have moved. IMO they move when they dont like the spot ( tank, food, tankmates, water quality). Every time one has found a spot that we like, it gets rinsed PE mysis or a silverside chunk, stays put. If your tank is young, call it a loss and find a home for the nem, like me! heads up admin, talked to my connections....in cali fish and game...im getting a permit to keep cold water rockfish for research...$75...yelloweye pair incoming? dont bust up my posts, haters gonna hate....all legal....I have decided to keep these 2 in a jumbo with a chiller for ease. thanks for crying about something that could be a real asset to the hobby. Ill keep you angry moderators posted...

garbage moderators, seems to be a garbage group because of it. socially retarded people expected to be social is a failure. have to call you out, stop crying. baby.

I officially am over anemones and will never get them again, the 2nd rbta committed suicide today. I came home and noticed little fluorescent red spots on the sand and then took a look at the powerhead, sure enough there was the idiot just foot left & no tentacles... it'll probably survive, his sibling did and is now reduced to the size of a quarter, healthy at the least and stationary.

Perhaps these dummies need to nearly die once before learning to stay put. I hate livestock casualties so I'm quite angry about this, I'm going to have to spank my anemone once it's recovered then put it on timeout in a pipe.

On a side note, can someone delete this thread (for obvious reasons)? if so please let me know so I can start a new one with the update, thanks in advance :)

Back