I'm moving, traveling... system has to go, who's first in line?

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by kinetic, Jan 23, 2009.

1. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Really sad, I've been trying to avoid this, but I think I'm going to sell my system and take a break. It's not really taking a break, it's just that I'm moving soon, and doing a TON of traveling. It's probably just not feasible for me to keep animals of any kind with the risk of things going wrong if I can't attend to it like I could before.

I don't have much to give right now, livestock was wiped out by marine velvet a few months back, I have a few corals but that's about it. I'll probably just pass them all out at a swap or something.

What there is, is a ton of equipment that is in basically mint condition. I could part it out and make a good amount back, but really, if anyone wants a turnkey system with everything, let me know.

It's basically a ELOS 120, the low-iron elos "crystal" glass front, custom 36" high stand made by the reputable SoCal Creations (now closed down), elos sump, elos skimmer, elos osmolator topoff thing, aquacontroller III, two dc8's, a teco chiller (awesome quiet unit), two vortechs with the wireless controllers, bunch of pumps and crap, a co2 tank, calcium reactor (not even hooked up, brand new) custom made by aquatic system designs, 2x175watt + 2x T5 lighting setup from aquactinics... shoot, a bunch of stuff really. The whole shebang.

If anyone is interested let me know! I'll post a price in a bit.

2. Let me know the price. I am interested.

3. yongwooi

yongwooi Guest

i would be interested in your AC 3 & dc8 if your are parting out.

4. TimTen

TimTen Guest

wow, thats such a nice tank. Sorry to hear your taking a break. Do you give price breaks to people that own your other tanks, Lol.

5. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

i'll let you guys know the price. I'm going to break down my frag tank tomorrow morning and see what I'm going to sell it all for. If it's not worth it, I'll just store the tank until I'm all back settled again.

6. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Art,

Sorry to hear man.

I am looking for a vortech or maybe two. I am guessing you are looking to sell the whole thing together but if not I am definately interested in them.

7. mpoletti

mpoletti Guest

Sorry to hear about having to break down the tank Art.

The ventralis' were lost ? :(

8. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Sorry to hear that Art. I was in the same situation a few years back. I was assigned to work in Singapore for almost two years. I was force to get rid of most of my stuff. But on other hand, travelling is pretty cool, and could always return to the hobby one day.

good luck

9. Hey Art,
    Sorry to hear that. B school? I might be interested in the frag tank if thats up for sale. Do you have pics and/or dimensions of it?
    Theo

10. iani

iani Guest

Art, I say keep your equipment. You know you are going to want it all back in a couple months. haha

11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Yeah I'm with Ian, I mean why take a loss on all that great equipment? Hell I remember it took you quite a while to get everything set up, I mean we're not talking a tank you picked up at a garage sale or anything.

12. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

Save it. IMO

13. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

done. saving it for now =) I'll probably sell off a few small items and probably bribe someone to hold some corals for me (they're nice, I promise =) while I'm traveling and such.

theo: no b school yet, still trying to get my company to break even so perhaps we can use company money to sponsor me to go hah!

Thanks guys! I think I'm going to try to swing by the frag swap to hangout and help out. No frags for me though.

14. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

Hey Art,

I hope you enjoy the traveling and that your business takes off. Good choice on saving the tank. If you need help building a few crates, I'll gladly bring some tools up and help. I'll definitely miss your great photos. Keep us informed of where you end up and post some pictures.

Did your famous yuma survive the catastrophe? If so, I'd love to finally house one of those. I tried a micro sized one from Levi but it took a spill in the sand and never recovered.

15. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

yup, still have the yumas... those buggers never die =)

16. Dyngoe

Dyngoe Guest

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=6049.msg76743#msg76743 date=1232870630]
    those buggers never die =)
    [/quote]

That's what I like to hear. Can I get a decent sized one from you? BTW, you had them placed at the top of the tank, right?

17. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I'll save you one, they're all mostly babies still right now. The mother isn't for sale, and she's the biggest one... well the babies aren't for sale either, you can have one =)

18. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Sorry to hear bout the move thing. You and Joyce now? Good luck with everything

19. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Dang, sorry to hear that you have to break down that tank. At least you're keeping the equipment.

Let me know if you need any help.

20. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Hey guys, the move isn't a bad thing at all =) It's close by, definitely in the bay area still (probably just over to san francisco or staying around albany, hasn't been finalized yet). The whole traveling thing is I have a close friend getting married in switzerland, so I'll be gone then. I have a few work related business trips, and then some other for fun vacations coming up (including snowboarding). Later this year I'll be going to Tonga / Fiji. So in short, don't want to be stressed out the whole time about coming back to dead animals in my tank. I have to be more of a homebody to be able to take care of the tank.

So it's an exciting time, but will be out of the house a lot.

My GF (Melissa) actually moved closer recently, up to San Jose. I'll try to bring her to the frag swap =)

I hope to see everyone again soon! I'll go message peeps to see what / where I can help with the frag swap.