I'm moving

Discussion in 'The Eutrophic Zone' started by Flagg37, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Well, some time over the next year we'll be moving to Colorado. I bring it up mostly because I was slated to be the next BAR president. I've already let @Coral reefer know so that my replacement can be found. I don't know if there will need to be a new vote or what the formal procedure will be.

Also, as of now I'm planning on bringing my tank with me... so don't ask.

2. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

You must be so excited. I wish I could move to Colorado. Wishing you good fortune to you and your family.

Flagg37 likes this.
  3. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

You shouldn't have any crazy heat waves there....now you just need to research where they have their best LFS's

Flagg37 likes this.
  4. Bruce Spiegelman

Bruce Spiegelman Supporting Member

Where in Colorado? Do you ski? Rock climb? Drink craft beer? Smoke weed?

Edgar Sandoval likes this.
  5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Hey you still need to weld me a stand! :D

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Bummer to see you leaving. We are probably supposed to have a new vote, but unless someone else wants to step up I will just pull a Putin and retain power, w help from bob @tankguy

Ranjib Dey and kinetic like this.
  7. DEATH BY SNU SNU

DEATH BY SNU SNU Supporting Member

You're so lucky!! I just realized you can hang with MileHighReefers Scott Anderson!

8. Gablami

Gablami Supporting Member

On one hand, very happy for you. This area is getting too crazy both in price and populace. Wouldn't take much for me to leave either if we didn't have so much family here. But bummed that you'll be leaving us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. jepoy

jepoy Supporting Member

Good luck on the move! A close friend of my wife moved to Colorado a year ago and they are loving it. Wife and I have had conversations about going Pacific Northwest but just like Gablami, family in the bay keeps us from following through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

10. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I already did a little looking around for them.

We're looking in the areas between Denver and Boulder. I actually don't do any of those things.

There's still a good chance I may be able to. I'll be keeping my business here for about a year after we move to transition the business over there. I'll be selective and cherry picking the projects here and making sure they are worth traveling for.

11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Well no way my stand is worth traveling for! Seriously, I would feel bad if you got on a plane just to weld my stand together :D

12. Bruce Spiegelman

Then what takes you to Colorado? And don't say vehicle....

13. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

So happy for you John! I know the wife and kids and yourself will love it there. Like @Gablami stated, "it's just getting too darn expensive here". We had another "GREAT" bar member @Winfield that recently moved back to his home town. It's not the end of bar. Life always throws you curve balls. It's what you do with them that makes the difference. You'll be missed.
    who is gonna facilitate our frag swaps now....

14. Bruce Spiegelman

Yeah, but when Winfeild moved he sold a lot of his stuff rally cheap to the rest of us. John's being selfish. :)

15. ashburn2k

ashburn2k Supporting Member

Can’t blame him being a Sel-fish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. Bruce Spiegelman

Nope. He should be more "sell-fish" stuff.

17. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

What, you don't like to pay million dollars for a little hut?

Ranjib Dey and Newjack like this.
  18. Newjack

Newjack Supporting Member

Exactly, that's about all you get around here.

19. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

We mailed frags to a former member that moved away a long time ago after they were settled. Pretty sure he took the fish w him

20. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

Wishing you the best to you and your family. I've visited Colorado and love the scenery. I just couldn't handle living in the snow