Jestersix

I'm off (BACK!) and a couple of parting shots!

Thales

Past President
Hey guys,

Tomorrow I am of to Bali, Lembah and Komodo for three weeks.

Staying here:

http://www.divekbr.com/diving_lembeh.html

In case anyone wants to join us! :D
Lots of pics and video will be taken - Kalin gets her first snorkeling experience in one of the most diverse places on the planet. How fun!

If anyone has anything in particular I should be shooting let me know.

I won't be at the swap, so make it rock!

A couple of photos from the CAS I took yesterday for fun:

asc_0147_ventrailispickedsm_130.jpg

asc_0166_naut_194.jpg

Jeremy, I believe you should have an itinerary in your email box, same as mine. Feel free to pop in when you're on island and of course contact me immed. if there are any probs at the house of Cthulu(sp?).

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=4225.msg50808#msg50808 date=1217698184]
How about a shot of Uluwatu.

And an itinerary too!
[/quote]

Jeremy - if you didn't get the email, let me know ASAP! :D

Wow, Rich.
You are in the backyard where I was born. Enjoy. Even though I am Indonesian, I have been in as far as Bali and Lombok Island only. So you will be in more places than me :)

Hi Rich,

I understand the komodo dragon spit is quite toxic. Try to not get bitten! If you happen to see any porcelain crabs, I'd love to see pictures (and specimens, if you can)! Have fun!

Jonathon

15 dives in and still going. Great stuff here, its freakin' ceph city. Saw two flamboyants and two mimics so far! Super sweet! Internet is slow and I am tired so setting some pics to upload while I sleep.

A pic of two of my loves and then 3 pics for our esteemed President! The pics are nice, but the video I have been shooting should be great! Maybe more soon, but internet will go away in a couple of days.

:D

Awesome frogfishes! Wartskins and a striatus/hispida.. can't quite tell on that one.

The orange one almost looks like a pregnant female. See any frogfishes following her around and poking her butt? :D

Got home last night after a 24 hour travel day home. Lembah was ceph city, but the Komodo portion got screwy because of the dive operator - but I can't complain too much because the trip rocked!

We got to see small bats fly out from a cave behind a temple, and got to see flying foxes fly out from mangroves. We say pigmy seahorse, pony tail seahorse (holy crap!) and thorny seahorse. Tons of cephs. Very little coral. My daughter got chased by a Komodo dragon for a heart stopping 6 seconds that felt like 30 minutes. We swam under water falls and went white water rafting. We saw the worlds smallest primate in a rotten tree, some endangered monkeys as well as the worlds most successful city living monkeys. We saw the best bird and reptile park we have ever seen and the lamest 'eco park' we have ever seen (eco corollary: the more an institution says the care about eco things, the worse their treatment of display animals becomes). We slept in the most beautiful hotel we have ever seen (with our own private pool) and slept in a rickety cabin on a boat. Good trip!

There were a couple of tank issues, but thank to Jeremy (who freaking rocked the house!), everything is healthy, colorful and growing. I really can't thank him enough for dealing. The effluent tube on my gfo reactor came lose and was squirting water out of the sump. Luckily, it wasn't enough to drain the tank too quickly, so the top off was able to compensate although the salinity dropped to 1.020. Jeremy came by and caught it, and added some salt mix and saved the day. Note for next vacation - zip tie the tubing on gfo reactors, and submerge the reactor in the sump in case something goes wrong (or just pull the reactor off line). I currently run the reactor hang on sump so I can see it in the crawl-space, but for vacation, it should change. All the redundancy in the system helped, but a competent live support crew is the best thing for vacation disaster planning, so thanks also to Jim, Gresh and Norm!

More as nasty jetlag permits.

Back