Kessil

Implemented acrylic rod frag system tonight

houser

Past President
Inspired by my recent trips to my new local LFS :D (Green Marine) I built two racks to hold the frags on the little acrylic rods. Today at work I took a little while to cut up some scraps and drill a ton of holes. Then using a few inches of poly tube I made a bunch of collars and fit them to the rods. For height adjustment I threaded for M6 nylon bolts which is a style I've used on my skimmer platform. Anyway a few beers later tonight I cleared up a bunch of space in the tray and refragged some stuff glued to the original eggcrate system. It was good practice for post-swap Saturday night I reckon!! So now I've got all the clippers out, dip buckets ready, towels on the table, IC, extra window screen, but I'm out of beer. Damn I ran out of beer!!

All I know is that I drilled too many holes and I was tired! I couldn't use the drill press for them all plus I lightly chamfered each hole on both sides for style. I made 2 of em, one is about 150 holes at just over a square foot and the other is less probably half that. I just drew grid lines on there and started drilling.

Anyway I'm using the smaller of the 2 frag racks right now.

Jim - Any tips for gluing? One drop of IC, center the frag, anything else?

Will restock beer this afternoon since I'll be the "lab" tonight for sure.

I like to prime the coral with some as well as on the acrylic "plug"

Well I sort of lied there were these pumpkin beers from thanksgiving but I wasn't desperate enough to try them and I still have an anchor steam holiday magnum but if I would have started that at 1:15am by the time it was done it would have been after 2, and nothing good happens after 2am...

Back in the day I wouldn't even go out until 10-11pm :) During my promoter days I would head out at 10pm from Santa Cruz, hit SF, then Oakland and get home around 9am :) Did that every weekend for countless years. During the week I'd leave at 9pm, get to the city at 10:30 and hit all the clubs till they closed, then I'd hit after parties :) I think I've seen more night that day in my life :lol:

I'm no pussy but...

Broken bones.
Missed international plane flights early the next am (several times).
Lost.
Scuffles.

To elaborate further on the plane issue staying out too late before the international flight may not give yourself time enough to sober up for good ol' customs in the US. I love secondary with a hangover coming back from certain places in Europe!!

Now would I be seen on the streets after 2 - absolutely ;)

Well you don't want to know how long I stayed up and partied before I left for the UK and before I came back :lol: I was stinking drunk both times and stayed up for 2 days prior to leaving and partied the entire week prior to coming back. I had to work two events before leaving and then hit an after party. Coming back was bank holiday weekend and I went to like half dozen clubs and hit two festivals that week :) I'm surprised I was able to walk through customs :lol: Worst part was the flight home though. headphone broke and the 3 y/o behind cried the entire way home, while kicking my seat. Ahhhh such was the life of an rave promoter visiting other rave promoters/DJs/Producers/etc.

Back