High Tide Aquatics

In the beginning...

I agree. I'm not quite sure how I'll solve that yet.

Tap plastics sells a 3'x2' thin black plastic cutting mat you cut to size. It's a little flexible and light though, so you would need to find a way to secure it. Clamps at top, rubble or rocks at bottom? I think it's ~$8. I bought a sheet to use to block out my fuge light for the surfaces I didn't want painted. I did use it external though, but don't see why it couldn't be used in the water.

Well the good thing about the whole ato flooding is that it pretty much did my water change for me.
IMG_4013.JPG

So now I'm ready for life. Well I guess when I get a light. I could get the cuc started since they don't really need light.

So I finally got some life in the tank other than bacteria.

@Vhuang168 placed an order for a cuc for his tank and let me order along with him. I got...

5 Florida cerinth
10 limpets (6 are b/o still to come)
25 nessarious
10 nerite
1 fighting conch (this guy is huge)

IMG_4020.JPG

I also brought over my two clowns and my cardinal from my 30 gallon.

IMG_4027.JPG

I can't wait for the lights to come in.

What did you end up doing for the lights?
You were talking DIY for a while.
I decided to go the easy route and just pay for two AP700's. I think the Lumias would have given similar quality light for about half the price but the time it took to make them and how they would look ended up being the real deciding factor. I have the heat sinks for them that I've been trying to think how to repurpose.

I decided to go the easy route and just pay for two AP700's. I think the Lumias would have given similar quality light for about half the price but the time it took to make them and how they would look ended up being the real deciding factor. I have the heat sinks for them that I've been trying to think how to repurpose.
Yes, unless you enjoy the electronic tinkering, DIY lighting does not make a lot of sense anymore.

Nice meeting you at Vincent's. Tank and lights look awesome! Am I going to have to move on from my halides yet???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great!

So I have a plexiglass protector below my lights a bit like that.
Make sure it is easy to remove to clean. I didn't.
It is amazing how much crud gets baked on between the lights and the plexiglass.

Also, you probably need a mesh net top. With that setup, snails and fish will be on the carpet.

Back