High Tide Aquatics

Inland Craft DB-100 Band Saw

I need to send mine to Inland for repair and get a back-up. I think I've used it too much! But, I did get about 400 frags out of it so far so in essence, got my money back a long time ago... :D Otherwise, it's awesome saw, wish I had taken better care of it.

Great saw, nice intricate scroll cutting ability for cutting between eyes and polyps. Simple, compact and easy to use. It's inexpensive compared to the value of thinning out your LPS coloneys and exchanging frags.

Just to be different, I'm trying a Gryphon saw. I'll let you know how it works out. http://gryphoncorp.com/index.php?p=bandsaw

Nice find John! Thanks for sharing. The C-40 looks so much nicer! Looks to be a bit more durable than inland too. I'll get one to check out myself! I love Inland but I need something more powerful. Hopefully, this one will do it... :D

robert4025 said:
I need to send mine to Inland for repair and get a back-up. I think I've used it too much! But, I did get about 400 frags out of it so far so in essence, got my money back a long time ago... :D Otherwise, it's awesome saw, wish I had taken better care of it.

I've been told by a few that have ring saws that they are the way in terms of industrial style usage and powerful. The blade is stiff so it's easier to navigate and it cuts faster (from the reports I've heard)
http://www.glasscrafters.biz/Merchant2/graphics/en-US/gc/_t/TITANl.jpg
The Inland is a fine unit and most hobbysts don't need more then it but you Robert need something a bit more powerful and that can take anything you toss at it :D
Probably getting one sooner then later tp try it out myself :)

Ooohhhh...so shinyyyy! $)

I wonder how thick the ring blade is compared to the Gryphon's or Inland's saw. I know for certain that the blade on the inland is roughly about .020" so it would be hella nice if the ring blade on somethin like is as thin, if not thinner. But, I'll probably pass on the Gemini's Titan design though. I think the salt would eat right through the metal body in a few months. I notice Gryphon also makes ring saw also but not sure if it's safe for salt use. I'll need to look into something similar.

Back