High Tide Aquatics

Interceptor - where to get it

So My tank seems to have exploded with monti eating nudi's overnight. At first I thought it was a bad fraging because I fragged a superman monti i got from DBTC. But it kept going past the edges, then it hopped to my green monti cap. I looked very closely and saw some nudi's on my superman monti. I dipped everything and got alot off. Also have been staring at the montis picking them out when I see them. Also, I see a bunch of egg sacks on the monti in places I cant reach.

So in short, I need some interceptor and was wondering if anyone had any extra from treating their own tank.

Thanks,

Interceptor is for Red Bugs that afflict acro's.... not what you are looking for :D

many will chime in shortly with what to use... I got rid of mine using manual removal and getting rid of colonies....

Not familiar with any miracle treatment. Manual removal of all that you see, then QTing your monties allowing for the nudies to die off, then when your QT monties are totally clear, return to tank.

These guys say their product kills nudis when used as a dip:
http://coralrx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=8&Itemid=12

If your montis are too encrusted to be able to pull them out for treatment, best luck I've had is sucking up as many as possible with a siphon-and-filter contraption, and adding a few hungry little wrasses. Leopards or halichoeres or any wrasses that hunt around and pick at the rocks should work.

Phillip is sending out a BUNCH of CORALRX for BAYMAC. In fact, I think everyone will get a sample in the "swag bag" at the door, plus some in the raffle :)

ive used KMnO4 in the past with success...Most LFS that sell products for ponds should carry it. Ask for potassium permanganate. It looks like ground carbon and when diluted has a purple hue. Its a VERY powerfull oxidizer so dont get any in your tank. do a few more dips in tank water before introducing it into the display.

i cant remember the ratio i used for the solution, but i do remember it was extremely potent stuff...i started off with a 0.25% solution and worked my way up from there. if you have any way of measuring grams, a 0.25% solution will contain 0.25% gram of KMnO4 in 100 ml. 2% would be 2 grams in 100 ml, and so forth. HTH

Back