Jestersix

Interesting post from Walt about Tonga

I'll donate to that cause. I nominate Rich as head of the committee.

I wonder what Jim Adelberg has to say about this. Not to put him on the spot or anything.

If BAR could lead something like that I'd be on i like white on rice, it's hard though with our tax status because it can't be a write off. Then you're off to applying for grant money that is all quickly drying up.

Perhaps a second "new" non-profit corporation with an endowment specifically to fund the oversight? I'm not too hip on the NPO's I've only applied for grant money, and done grunt work. I do have access to people with obscene amounts of money though, and I'm sure a few more people in this club do as well, hmm. What a pipe dream :D

Jim and I started Reefstewards.org with that in mind. It would be a massive undertaking. Massive. :D

Being involved in this stuff and talking about it can be daunting. Everyone reads everything and its taken me a couple of years to figure out how to talk about Tonga at all.

That facility WAS so promising. The failure of the Tonga project really took a lot out of me.

Reefstweards is on hold. It was too emotionally charged to work on and other stuff come/comes up. An NPO of that scale doing what we would like it to do is really hard work in this snake pit of an industry. In some places there, safety of life and limb would be a consideration.

[quote author=hiepatitis link=topic=4168.msg50319#msg50319 date=1217277884]
I'll donate to that cause. I nominate Rich as head of the committee.

I wonder what Jim Adelberg has to say about this. Not to put him on the spot or anything.
[/quote]
Jim Adelberg likes Bake Sales! YUM!!

Well brie doesn't count :D

brie.jpg

[quote author=Thales link=topic=4168.msg50310#msg50310 date=1217272622]My frustration I guess is more about the world in general. Its seems impossible to believe anything anymore unless you see it yourself, and even then, you have to wonder what was changed when they knew you were coming to take a look.[/quote]

So true... and sadly, too many things are like that.

Back