Cali Kid Corals

Intestinal parasites?

I believe that this is a sign of intestinal parasites, but since I haven't seen this before wanted to check with the club before I start to take action.

I have two angelfish that have this white stringy poop. They are otherwise doing great, active, eating well, appear healthy.

ae9b7b6768478c864b5df2e98f3778e6.jpg

Is this normal for angelfish? If not, is this something that tends to go away on its own? If not, I'm guessing the correct management is to catch and quarantine, and treat with prazipro, correct?

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

White stringy poop like that is indeed usually a sign of intestinal parasites. Catch and QT if you can. I run a trio of PraziPro, Seachem Metroplex, and Seachem Focus together with some garlic when stuff like that comes up. PraziPro is for the water. Th rest gets mixed in with the food along with some Kent garlic.

Make sure that you provide plenty of aeration with the PraziPro. Also, it depresses appetites so don't be alarmed if they don't feed immediately.

Two 5 days treatment of PraziPro. After the first treatment, change out 50% of the water and then hit then again. Just make sure that they're eating and cut the treatment short if they stop eating altogether.

Back