Invert group buy for 2019 members swap again. cut of for order is March 9th

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by Apon, Feb 28, 2019.

1. Apon

Apon Supporting Member

Hi all,

Edit
    3/4 looks like Coco Island Maxima clams small will be available. trying to find out how small. They are expensive this time. $60, but I have seen prices rise for clams steadily everywhere these days. Still trying to confirm for trochus.

3/2 - Cut off is March 9th. Everyone who responded in thread must put info on Spreadsheet below. I don't have time to collect individual thread items. Please edit the sheet.

Arnold

I have done this a few times before....hopefully if we get snails it will turn out better.

Gauging interest on group buy for clean up critters. Price would be depending on the number we get but I can update later. They will be close to wholesale plus shipping and tax. First lets see who might be interested in what.... ( these are my estimated price if we get enough order)
    I can get these - and pickup would be at swap. I might need payment in paypal or at least a deposit unless I know you. I would need to hit a certain min number to make the order happen. ( 80 units for crabs and snails by type)

Mexican Turbo Snails: $1 each
    Margarita Snails: $1 each
    Blue Leg Hermit: $1 each
    Emerald Crabs: $3 each
    Red Leg Hermits: $1 each
    Nerite Snails: $1 each
    Nassarius Snails: $1 each
    Cerith Snails: $1 each
    Florida Astrea Snails: $1 each
    Arrow Crabs: TDB each
    Peppermint Shrimp: TBD was $4 each before but prices change based on availability
    Cleaner Shrimp $15each
    Fire Shrimp $15

We used this doc to track last time.....old prices are on the file still, but most are the same. I need to confirm them again.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1p6K3e5wMJ5JB8GKXPI0D5M0IPTC8WL2v25ujpwWMXro/edit#gid=0

Last edited: Mar 4, 2019
  2. glee

glee BOD

Arnold, anyone ever buy cleaner shrimps via group buy? What's feedback on them?

3. tankguy

tankguy Supporting Member

I would be interested in 30 Nassarius snails

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  4. Zero Gravitas

Zero Gravitas Supporting Member

Just starting new 75 gallon display tank. I would take quite a few.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. grizfyrfyter

grizfyrfyter Supporting Member

I'll take 20 astrea snails.
    Unless trochus are available.

Edit: changed snails.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  6. georgec

georgec Supporting Member

Is it ok for me to put in for a couple of things or do I need to order a large volume? I downsized to a 14 and don’t need a ton of CUC.

Also, couple of questions:

- never bought wholesale before. Should I order with some sort of assumed loss built in or just what I think I need?

- are the red legged hermits the most peaceful out of the bunch (Scarlett, Red, blue)?

- trochus are in the spreadsheet, but not on the list above, are they available?

Thanks for trying to get this organized Arnold. Hope we get enough interest.

7. grizfyrfyter

When I did a lot of coral rescue, red legs hermits were the first to start eating damaged corals. Halloween hermits were the best behaved.

mamodia likes this.
  8. I'm in for roughly 50-75 worth

grizfyrfyter likes this.
  9. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Dont do it man! those are doomed to die in our reef tanks

iCon likes this.
  10. Jeff Rehling

Jeff Rehling Supporting Member

I could use 15 of the snails that can turn themselves over--whichever are the best for eating surface algae

Two emerald crabs

11. Yeah, but they are tasty with a little bit of salt around their rims.

12. grizfyrfyter

Why do you say that?

These and cerith are all I have for snails. Turbo snails are bulldozers. My hermit crabs went on a mass murder spree a few months ago because I didn't give them bigger shells to grow into.

I'd order trochus snails if they were an option.

13. grizfyrfyter

I see, I didn't realize margarita were a temperate water snail. 78 is right around their max temp and shortens their lifespan.

14. musclebenz

musclebenz Supporting Member

Arnold: I am also interested in some.

15. glee

glee BOD

The only snail that does well in my tank long term is the trochus so I dont ever buy the others. Nassarius are cool zombies but they dont survive long either from my experience. YMMV.

16. grizfyrfyter

I don't have a sandbed so I don't get nassarius snails.

17. I have nasasrius that are years old. Probably because there's plenty of detritus in my tank.

glee and grizfyrfyter like this.
  18. dswong01

dswong01 Guest

Arnold
    Any trochius snails on the list?

19. GabeB

GabeB Supporting Member

I'd be interested in some snails, hermits, and shrimp. Don't know exactly what yet.

20. Corallus

Corallus BOD

I've had great luck in the past with what Arnold has ordered.
    Looks like there's a placeholder for small maxima clams? If that's right, I'd love one!