Inverts Frags for SALE

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell, Trade' started by Euphyllia, Nov 17, 2008.

1. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Also, if you look at the poll at the top of the page, it says I should sell Xenia. How do I frag it (WITHOUT KILLING IT)

2. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Just use well washed everyday household or school scissors. Sharp is best. If your Mom has Kitchen Shears (more resistant to rusting), you could ask her if she'd let you use them, then wash and rinse them, and put them in the dishwasher for another wash, like I do. :)

Cut quickly, it should be fine.

3. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

no special tools needed. sharp scissors or razor or scalpel etc.

4. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I use my wifes cuticle scissors. She loves that.

Please be safe and wear gloves and goggles or some sort of protective eyewear when fragging softies and zoas.

5. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

Does anbody have a good "Tank-Starter" Coral I could trade for or buy? I don't want xenia, colt, boring-colored polyps, or mushrooms.

6. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Those that you listed ARE good starter corals.

If you do not want polyps anymore, does this mean you do not want the polyps I was going to bring for you this upcoming meeting? Please let me know because I do not wish for my corals to be neglected. I can always give them to someone who will care for them properly and enjoy them as much as I do. I need to know that you are committed to their care and well being, and that reefing is not just a passing phase for you.

Remember that corals are unique living creatures, and we should care for them to the best of our abiity. Like all pets, if we find that we no longer have the time or interest to care for them, they should be put up for adoption and given to someone qualified to care for them.

I'm sorry to be so hard nosed about this, but I used to do dog adoptions, and it was of the utmost importance that we found the proper permanent loving homes for sometimes severely abused animals. I value all life, and although corals may not have eyes and ears, and be warm and cuddly, they are still beautiful creatures deserving of the best we can do for them; especially since they did not ask us to be put in our homes, but WE chose to bring them in.

7. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

I still want the polyps you are bringing, but I meant boring-colored Zoas is what I don't want.

8. Lyn

Lyn Guest

Well, Anthelia are a "boring" colored polyp. Tannish/pink. If these are not too boring, then I will bring them.

You need to know that under good conditions, these will spread rapidly. So keep them isolated if you do not want them all over.

9. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

It's fine, the only other thing I'll have with them is a rose anemone. I'm going to move the polyps to a 34gal with the anemone.

10. Lyn

Lyn Guest

haha, I didn't mean they needed to be all alone, but that they should not be put next to other surfaces where they can encroach and take over. If that is not what you want them to do. :)

Putting them with the anemone is fine also. :)

See you Saturday.

BTW, I will give you the Star polyps in Feb. at the swap, due to the ich quarantine I have them under at the moment.

11. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

At the meeting today, I'll have a Colt for Orion, probably one frag of zoas, and I'll try to catch the peppermint shrimp. I'll have a cooler labeled E-U-P-H-Y-L-L-I-A with my frags in it. Find me and tell me your screen name and I'll give you the frag(s) you wanted.
    Also, I'm not sure if I can catch the peppermint shrimp but if I catch him, there is a list of about 3-4 people waiting for him. I'm not sure who the first person who PMed me was, so we have to go by the honesty system. The list is below.

Orion - 1 colt frag

Peppermint Shrimp List

1. ???
    2. Vincerama2
    3. If # 1 & 2 don't come get it, it's yours!