High Tide Aquatics

Is this a good or bad slug??

P1040708.jpg

P1040707.jpg

P1040706.jpg

P1040705.jpg

P1040702.jpg

Thanks

Last stuff I added I did not have Revive to dip them yet. I do now :) Always learning something new.... Thanks John :)
2 weeks ago- stuff I bought for Swap... favia, zoas and acro
1 week ago- John(Screebo) stuff, but doubt it came from him.

Damn... I found another one of these in my tank again. But lost it when I went to pick the baster. It was crawling on the glass this time.
Could it be sea hare babies? I did have the sea hare putting out egs all over the tank.

Euphyllia said:
IDK but if nobody knows don't put it back into your tank. If no one knows what it is, properly dispose of it. (Flush it)...

What if that was the last one remaining in the world.
Oops!
Thank goodness it was not.

Good or bad depends on whether you like spirorbid polychaetes or not. They're the small fanworms with tightly spiralled white calcareous tubes. This is an odd little nudi called Vayssierea felis that only eats spirorbids. Once all the spirorbids are gone the felis will die from starvation...or would have if it hadn't been already sacrificed to the porcelain goddess. The species is probably not that rare just unnoticed because of it's size. See those internal red spots? Those are developing eggs.

Wow, great information. Didn't know that there was something that ate those small white calcareous worms.

I'm really looking forward to your presentation next month.

Ibn said:
Wow, great information. Didn't know that there was something that ate those small white calcareous worms.

I'm really looking forward to your presentation next month.

Me too 'cause I'm not sure what I'm going to talk about! :bigsmile: I want to try something new rather than the standard "slide 187 is species X". I'd really like to get pics of inverts that are of particular interest to BAR members, stuff you want to buy, already have, or found as hitch hikers, and talk about them. Crabs, shrimps, sponges, tunicates, worms, nudis - anything but corals and other cnidarians! Jeremy has said he'll start a thread where people can post pics or questions that I can include in the talk.

These little slugs only eat spirorbids. Any other type of fan worms would be left alone. Do you have fish & crustaceans? They're more likely to be the culprits.

Back