got ethical husbandry?

Is this enough light?

I have 3x Kessil A160s and a 48" Aquatic Life T5 fixture over my Reefer 350

Not quite sure if I have enough light as my WD Acro looks to be turning a little green, my oregon tort is turning purplish, and I have another frag that was green/blue but browned.

I run the Kessils at about 35% color and they ramp up 100% intensity

Phosphate is less than .04
Nitrates are 5ppm
Alk is at 9.5
CA is at 450
MG is at 1300

Last edited:
How many hours are you running and how many at 100%. My understanding is that it’s accumulated time during the day. 20% lower par but for 20% longer should be similar. Not sure if it’s 100% true but try lengthening it a couple hours and it may get enough light

Actually just took a picture of an Oregon tort in the frag tank yesterday.

FragTank_Day_00149_20190726_4675.jpg

The body of my oregon tort is purple and the tips where any of the polyps come out are really blue...Most of the Oregon torts I see are completely blue.

Wondering if it'd be worth the investment to get some A360s, but seems like I should get myself back in line for the PAR meter.

I've been running lights from 12-8 T5/LEDs, with a ramp down from 8-8:50 with LEDs only

I run a 48” tank with 2 blue plus to coral plus and 4 360w’s from 6am until 8pm. I think coral lab and red seas coral lighting experiments all recommend a full 12 hours of light? I could be wrong but I’ve always done at least 12 hours of light. I’m still a novice though so maybe someone can chime in. 8 hours seems short though for sure

Back