Is this really a Bartlett?

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by kinetic, Dec 3, 2009.

1. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

2. hiepatitis

hiepatitis Guest

Nope. Doesn't look like one to me.

3. A_Lee

A_Lee Guest

It looks like it MIGHT be a P. bartlettorum, but my instinct says it isn't.
    I'd be interested to know what species of Anthia this is as well; very beautiful!

4. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

that's what I was thinking... liveaquaria sold it to me as one. looks cool though. any id's?

5. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I say nope.

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Guess it wasn't a Divers Den fish then as you can count on DD ID's. Normal LA fish are straight from the wholesalers so the ID you are counting on it from a picker who may not know the difference.

7. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Yeah it wasn't DD. But funny thing, she looked kind of like a bartlett when she first arrived. The other one I have is definitely bartlett. I should just get a bunch of juvi anthias that are all different.

8. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Carberry Anthias?
    [​IMG]

Though all other pictures don't look like it.

Evansi?

[​IMG]

9. Erick

Erick Guest

Just going by pictures, it looks closer to the evansi, but the colors are still off. Top fin of the original pic is purple, and the yellow on the bottom part of the tail doesn't connect to the top. Eye color and body shape look a little off also, this is kind of fun :p

10. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I think mine is too juvi to actually tell from these pictures I've been finding =P

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

You can't go on color alone with anthias due to region color variation ;) A dispar in one region could be red while in another pink, etc etc

12. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

I just saw a few pictures of juvenile evansi's and I'm 100% positive that that is one. Looks just like the one in the pics I saw. Same colors and everything. :)

13. Eight

Eight Guest

I have to say Art, you have a knack for taking great photos of fish. :)

14. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

I get lucky mostly. I sit there for like hours taking 200 pictures at a time =P

15. A_Lee

A_Lee Guest

I do the same Art ... I'd I'm uber happy if one comes out! Those fish move fast! :D

16. Matt_Wandell

Matt_Wandell Honorary Member

It's not a P. evansi. They always have a yellow back that is contiguous with the bottom half of the caudal fin. They also don't have such a red dorsal fin. Sometimes it can have a pinkish hue but it's almost always solid yellow.

17. Matt_Wandell

Matt_Wandell Honorary Member

I think it's a P. dispar but tough to tell at this size.