Neptune Aquatics

Island stand

Few weeks back tore down the frag tank due to a bad leak; the tank is glass, four sided low-Iron; the stand was far from adequate, basic 2x4's that can be seen supporting it.
So the tank is empty and I decided to give it a face-lift by building a stand; using the same 2x4's but cutting them to suit what I had in mind; an Island tank.
According to the person I got it from, the bottom can be drilled and realized it has been marked for that on one of the corners but I might drill it dead center and make an overflow box for it.

0518001914.jpg

1016001644a.jpg

1016001448a.jpg

1016001235.jpg

Thx Arnold.

Stand will have six doors and removable center supports at the wide openings, maybe a lip routed to match the quarter round corners . I have to get the hardware still and funds are low so most likely a month before I work again on the stand.

I have not finished the stand but moved it as is to its semi-permanent spot; I needed the space at my brother's and couple of family issues that made me re-think for a while my reefing career !
I just need a week off to complete the stand and to fix the base on the frag tank, oh and some $$, not much but I get paid until job is finished.

Back