got ethical husbandry?

It’s Official – Tri Color Anthias LOVE Peppermint Shrimp

I’m getting ready to chuck these SOBs into the toilet! I acclimated 4 peppermint shrimp to the tank. Released them. And watched my little wall flowers suck them down. Seriously, it looked like shark week on the Discovery channel! Each fish is now swimming around with a tail sticking out of its mouth because the shrimp wouldn’t fit. |(

Arrrrrrrrrrrrgh!!!!! Really - are these guys worth all this trouble?

-Gregory

Many fish (clowns, damsels, gramma, tangs, rabbitfish, etc) will attack freshly acclimated shrimp I hate to say. Ditto with freshly molted shrimp and fish. best time to add anything like that is at night and after a good feeding.

When you let the shrimp next time catch them in a net and push it against the aquarium wall and then "guide" them to the safety of the rocks. Also you have to do this at night.

Well guys, this would have been good info yesterday at about 2:00pm! :p Expensive dinner that was..... Ya know the little SOBs had the nerve to beg the next time I walked by!

Live and learn. At least next time I'll know.

-Gregory

Good news! At least 1 shrimp made it! It molted last night and the shell was stuck to the powerhead this morning!

Yeah!!!! (Yes I'm a little excited. Being unemployeed it was going to be a bit of time before I could afford to get some more!)

-Gregory

Back