Neptune Aquatics

It's a girl!!!

So today I checked my salinity and noticed they were way too low. So I debated how to get the salinity up and like a dummy. I even know better. But I decided s**** it I'm just gunna through the salt straight in the tank without mixing it first and sense I have no sump the salt went right in the display. U can see the salt being blown all over the tank. 55 gal tank maybe 1/2 cup salt. And instantly my coral we're not happy. Nothing is dead or severely damage but going to take a few days to recover. I spend a good 30 minutes dealing with sweeper tentacles, intestines, and coral slime making sure they didn't kill each other with they had there freak outs.

When I finally think that my salt freak out is all over I sit back to inspect damage. All fish are perfectly fine they had fun playing in the salt. But I noticed that my strawberry Dottyback had a very long string of white inner substance hanging out of its (back end). I instantly thought its intestines were hanging out of its body. the other fish were trying the eat the (intestant like thing) and the dirty back was hiding a little more. Upon examination I realized what I saw where actually hundreds of small eggs stuck together in a sticky slime. And she had ALOT of eggs, they just kept coming. I didn't think somthing so small had that much room for that many eggs. But I have notice she eats like a pig and has been getting very very chubby.

I didn't know that fish would still lay eggs if they didn't have a mating partner. She is the only dotty in the tank. My question is do you think me throwing the Sultan there triggered her laying eggs? If so how unhealthy is that or is it OK that I accidentally triggered her laying eggs.
41df09212ad19457e502977b9b5324ea.jpg
62d84bd2e9b235470e64751be19ac714.jpg
26b48c630dc9483bd56684ccecd21564.jpg
it's hard to get a good pic of her with the string off eggs hanging out of her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back