Jestersix

It's that time again -- Prepping for CFM Feb 9th

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
That's right. Coral farmers market is a month and a half away. It's not time yet to get commitments for folks to help run the booth, but I am starting to get commitments for raffle and auction items from vendors and from members. Also, start thinking (especially if you're in the San Jose area) if you can help set-up the night before.

We had great luck with a raffle frag pack the last couple of times. I'd like to do two this time. One SPS and another LPS and Softies. What I'm looking at for are some high-end, eye-brow raising corals to add to the packs especially from our well-established reefers. Obviously not everyone plays around with "collector" corals and that's fine, but there are some of us that do and a quick flick of the bone-cutters helps raise a lot of capital for the club.

As of now I know I'll be donating the following frags to get the packs started -- Walt Disney, Oregon Tort, PC Rainbow and a WWC Purple Monster.

If anyone else has great ideas this time around let me know. We have a lot more room at set-up this time so can do a few more things. Also, let me know what you can commit to as far as frags go.

FYI - Steve Tyree sent me an email just today as well asking who will be the contact? I should be able to help able this time again, but its ok with me if someone else wants to help coordinate. Chromis/Liz did the last one, maybe she has some suggestions on improvement too?

FYI - Steve Tyree sent me an email just today as well asking who will be the contact? I should be able to help able this time again, but its ok with me if someone else wants to help coordinate. Chromis/Liz did the last one, maybe she has some suggestions on improvement too?

I can't tell you how happy that makes me that you're around for this one. Makes it so much easier. Just to bring you up to speed after talking with Steve a couple of weeks ago we decided to move our "booth" up front to the lobby area. That way we can consolidate all the raffle items which should increase our take quite a bit. It also gives us a chance to give out literature as people go in and we will have more space to display.

It’s best if we can get 3-4 volunteers to set up, setup means helping Steve Tyree and Tony of RR set up all the booths (not just BAR’s) while drinking Gatorade and listening to music, and getting a sneak peek of vendors’ offerings. If this seems overwhelming keep in mind that, somehow, all of the booth rigs fit in the back of Steve’s car so it can’t be that much work :)

Takedown is faster, we need at least 2 people and can recruit whoever’s still hanging around at the end of the CFM to help. Last year @coralreefer and @fishdoctor stuck around and were a big help.

I’ll ping @mray2660 about the BAR booth items for sale.

It’s best if two people take separate inventory of the items we have for sale at the booth and if the numbers don’t match, recount until they do... should be done before & after the event.

It’s best if we can get 3-4 volunteers to set up, setup means helping Steve Tyree and Tony of RR set up all the booths (not just BAR’s) while drinking Gatorade and listening to music, and getting a sneak peek of vendors’ offerings. If this seems overwhelming keep in mind that, somehow, all of the booth rigs fit in the back of Steve’s car so it can’t be that much work :)

Takedown is faster, we need at least 2 people and can recruit whoever’s still hanging around at the end of the CFM to help. Last year @coralreefer and @fishdoctor stuck around and were a big help.

I’ll ping @mray2660 about the BAR booth items for sale.

It’s best if two people take separate inventory of the items we have for sale at the booth and if the numbers don’t match, recount until they do... should be done before & after the event.
I believe that @rygh has taken the treasurer reigns at this point, and will Be firmly in control by feb. I also believe we have consolidated all(most) of the club materials in a storage locker at Bruce's place.

I believe that @rygh has taken the treasurer reigns at this point, and will Be firmly in control by feb. I also believe we have consolidated all(most) of the club materials in a storage locker at Bruce's place.

Only half so far. Not sure what the plan is with the other half. I was told it would be brought out someday.

I would love to volunteer for this event, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to commit. My wife is due on February 4th, so it might be a little too soon to just leave her with 3 kids (4/2/nb). I’ll see what I can do though.

I would love to volunteer for this event, but I’m not sure I’ll be able to commit. My wife is due on February 4th, so it might be a little too soon to just leave her with 3 kids (4/2/nb). I’ll see what I can do though.
I’d suggest you stay home with the fam. You never know what’s gonna happen, don’t risk it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Definitely go and look if you can. Meet club members. We don't need you so bad when you're. It's like that. Another time for volunteering will come.

The newborn will never remember you weren't there that day.

Back