I've been banned

Discussion in 'Website' started by bookfish, Oct 21, 2008.

1. bookfish

bookfish Guest

I tried to log onto chat (for the first time ever) because i saw Norm was in there but apparently I've been banned without ever having been there. Such a nice, welcoming introduction. :'(

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

lets see what we can do to fix that

3. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Huh. That's weird.

I'll look into it...

4. Elite

Elite Guest

I had that problem before. Rich or Charles fixed it for me.

5. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

Jim, what exactly is the error you're getting? I haven't been able to find anything that would prevent you from logging in, but I'm still digging.

6. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Erin to the rescue

7. bookfish

bookfish Guest

It says "You've been banned" and asks for my username and password. When i type those in it then says;
    "You've been banned"

8. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I remember testing the Banning with Elite. I banned Phong serval times from Chat, but once he logged back in, it let him in. I don't see any setting on Jim that says BANNED for LIFE. : )

9. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I've spent a few hours now trying to figure out what's going on. I'll look at it more later, but for now, I'm at a loss.

10. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I need someone to log into chat. I can Ban them and then unban them I believe.

11. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=4929.msg60285#msg60285 date=1224700968]
    I've spent a few hours now trying to figure out what's going on. I'll look at it more later, but for now, I'm at a loss.
    [/quote]

Check on all of Jim's group permissions/memberships? Maybe one of them is not enabled for chat? Not a cookie issue?

Didn't Charles find out the problem on Phong's login? Can't remember the details.

12. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

It was a group problem, but none of us has yet found a similar problem for Jim.

13. Roc

Roc Guest

I like Jim, don't ban him....................:)

14. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Erin
    Try logging in using Jim user name (Bookfish) and see what happens
    ( to see if duplicates the promblem)

15. cwolfus

cwolfus Past President

Dudley,

Fortunately, admins do not have any special ability to look up user's passwords or otherwise log in as them. Th only way to log in as Jim is to get Jim to provided his password.

C

16. Elite

Elite Guest

I got banned again.. what did I do this time?? ???

17. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

I am sure it is only because someone doesn't like you.

Shoot pixelpixi a pm. We will get it figured out.

18. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I have been banned for over a week now. Erin said she had no idea why it happens or how to fix it.
    This sucks.

19. Can I get banned too?...............Please-OH Please!

20. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I'm sorry I haven't been able to look into it further. I'm planning to work on the site a bunch over thanksgiving break. I'll try to get this fixed then too.